Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) New ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Master of the Solar System!, Tag: Corsair, Sedna, Master
SEDNA
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 09:41 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I suspect it's because they're Gallifreiform life," she said. "It's easy to pass as as a Earthling if you wish, particularly if you keep to the first Information Age or earlier." She glanced over her shoulder at Sedna, and winked. "Also, it's a fun place to cut loose. They don't tend to be as formal as the Jurai, and they're far less likely to flinch at the sight of us as the Minyans."

Sedna quirked a brow at that and then shrugged a shoulder. “Still seems like an odd planet to vacation on. So underdeveloped and yet research shows it’s one of the most invaded planets around. It’s a wonder the people haven’t developed space travel yet.” She shook her head and looked at the Corsair. “So they are friendly and you can cut loose there? Yet these are the same species who developed a bomb that could wipe them all out….I see.” She shook her head unconvinced.

"Not too advanced, no. Barely a Type 1 civilization, even in this age. But don't get too cocky." She made a final adjustment, and turned to look at her partner. "They're clever, they are. And they'll be running this galaxy in a few more millennia."

She gave a sharp bark of laughter at those words. “That I find extremely hard to believe. Forgive me if I doubt that a species like humans could ever advance to the point they could compete with Daleks and our own race for power.” She shook her head and looked thoroughly amused. “But thanks for the good laugh.” She stepped towards the door.

"Let's."

When the ship landed Sedna checked her weapon and made her way outside without a backwards glance. She was expecting the woman to follow her and so felt no need to check to make sure she was being followed. As she walked past a few humans she checked to make sure none of them were their target. “It’s no use there are too many humans. We need a quicker way to pinpoint where our targets are.” She glared at a few humans who stopped to stare at her until they left.

“Hey baby come home with me.” She whirled on the human male and snarled.

“Talk to me like that again and your home will be a pyre, so back off.” The man held up his hands and backed off immediately sputtering nonsense in his wake. Oh yes she was beginning to hate Earth.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
THE MASTER
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 06:07 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Quaoar will be our meeting place. As your hideaway was on its moon of Weywot, I can only assume you must have at least a few contacts within that vicinity...A few you trust well enough, to protect your hideaway on the moon as you did your most amusing experiments." He smiled a cheerful confident smile.

"The kind of which you would not wish anyone to discover the nature or the events that lead to their results, should your moon base be discovered," he said pointing a finger very slowly at Da-Shao as he said those words.

When he spoke again, there was a tone of caution in his voice. "I advise you hurry now. Gather your forces and meet me there, so that the base may be properly disposed of and prevent anyone from following your trail."
PM
^
THE CORSAIR
 Posted: Jun 29 2014, 08:33 PM
First
Drunk and Disorderly
Group Icon

user posted image

"Knock yourself out," the Corsair said amiably as the ship descended towards the surface of the planetoid. "Just watch your aim."

The port was a Belter town resting atop a bedrock of water ice frozen harder than granite by the distance of the moon from Earth's sun, more along the lines of a 20th century truck stop than an actual city. The TARDIS was nestled in among any number of larger, more practical-looking starcraft that had berthed at Quaoar City to restock supplies or fuel or simply to have some approximation of shore leave. The Corsair paused to thumb print a few docking bills that she didn't plan to pay anyway, and to answer a few basic questions about their purpose on the tiny moon.

“It’s no use," Sedna kvetched, "there are too many humans. We need a quicker way to pinpoint where our targets are.” She glared at a few humans who stopped to stare at her until they left.

"Easy on the 'human' thing," the Corsair murmured back. "We're not that many centuries removed from the Cyberwars, or from the Dalek Invasion. Xenophobia is the rule, rather than the exception, in the Sol system."

“Hey baby come home with me,” propositioned a drunk astronaut.

Sedna whirled on him, hand dropping towards her weapon. “Talk to me like that again and your home will be a pyre, so back off.”

"Whoa, there!" the Corsair said, resting a restraining hand on Sedna's shoulder. "No reason to attract attention." As she said it, she gave a quick nod towards a camera. "I don't know if the Special Space Services are on Quaoar City, or if they just use local leg-breakers, but either way we won't have much luck tracking Lord Maximanthalarascendles if we get arrested."

Guiding Sedna away from the scene, she continued speaking. "But, those cameras give me an idea - because there are too many humans here, and we look too much like them to make tracking him easy." She smiled. "But, if we can get into the local security control room, maybe we can use their own scanners to find him. After all, we know what to look for..."

---------------

When he spoke again, there was a tone of caution in his voice. "I advise you hurry now. Gather your forces and meet me there, so that the base may be properly disposed of and prevent anyone from following your trail."

"Very well then," Da-Shao said, rising from his chair. "I shall meet you there in 24 hours, relative to today's date." With that, he strode towards the ornate golden throne that was the current form of his acquired TARDIS. Then he paused, glancing backwards at the Master. "You will wish to use caution on Weywot, though. Earth may not have the reach of the Time Lords, but that is where I kept my laboratory. And, since the Doctor cast down my father, the name of Chen has become one the SSS has sought to expunge from the system."

Then he stepped inside. A moment later, the golden throne vanished.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Jul 4 2014, 04:33 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

Sedna glowered at being told to not go after the barbarian who’d approached her. “I grow to dislike this race more and more.” She glared down the man until he left. She didn’t care much for if the human’s tried to arrest her, that’s what stasers were for. “We will track our man down, but that doesn’t mean I have to stand by and let my honor be sullied by a primitive race.” She let the woman guide her away from the scene and then listened to what the woman proposed and a soft grin spread over her lips. It wasn’t a bad idea.

She nodded her head and smiled. “Yes we could use their own system to find him. We could also hack into their camera’s and see if there is any footage of him, that way we have a general idea of where he could be, which direction he went, and thus narrow down the areas we need to scan.” She looked at the woman and thought to herself for a bit trying to work out how they should go about doing this. “We need a distraction, that way one of us can focus on doing what needs to be done and the other can draw off the police force buying as much time as she can.” She nodded and looked at the Corsair. “I nominate myself. Good luck Corsair.”

Normally Sedna would not have done this, it wasn’t exactly regulation to get involved in the timestreams. However in this case it was needed, besides she was following a pirate Time Lord so how much more non-regulation could she get? She moved off towards the humans and then started a brawl. She just hoped Corsair took advantage of her distraction. It wasn’t the best plan of action, a brawl, but it was better than causing a stampede by firing off shots. This wasn’t her normal job but she was a weapons designer, not an engineer, so she just hoped the Corsair was able to hack the computer. She had bigger issues, the police were coming to stop the crowd.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
THE MASTER
 Posted: Jul 23 2014, 07:30 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

The Master nodded towards Da-Shao's warning, continuing to sit calmly in his seat as he watched the stolen TARDIS vanish.

He chuckled as he began gathering his things and storing them in his TARDIS for the trip to Quaoar, but he was not planning on arriving there precisely twenty-four hours from now. Arriving a few hours earlier should be ample enough time for the next stage in his plan. His time path indicator began beeping, and he checked the readings.

Just as he hoped. The Time Lords sent to investigate the disappearance of Da-Shao's victim were only recently arriving on the moon. Excellent...That would make things so much simpler.

When he landed on the moon, his TARDIS disguised itself as a regular public statue. He watched from the main monitor. Scanning the crowd, his eyes settled on a pair of lone women. Yes...These were the agents the Time Lords sent. They were discussing something after having pointed out a surveillance camera.

One of the Time Ladies decided to start a brawl...probably to act as a distraction, the Master figured. So what was the other-

Actually...Hadn't he seen this other Time Lady before?

Why yes...It was the Corsair, from his Academy days.

This may prove more interesting than he originally anticipated. He watched, and waited till the Corsair had left the area. He exited his TARDIS, and slowly began to follow after the Corsair.
PM
^
THE CORSAIR
 Posted: Jul 28 2014, 08:50 PM
First
Drunk and Disorderly
Group Icon

Viktor Majumdar looked up as the cute... brunette? Redhead? He wasn't really sure, what with the artificial lighting and the way that reddish-brown didn't quite fit either category. But whatever. Cute redhead in a paramilitary uniform of some sort. Looking good in it, too. Some sort of private security for a docking ship, no doubt, and looking for action.

He grinned, and finished off his shot of what could charitably be described as "whiskey". Clunking the glass down, he gave Sedna a leering sort of grin. "Hey, Red," he called. "Up for some prospecting?" He waggled his eyebrows. "'Cause I got a rock you can check out!" There were catcalls from the bar as he wiggled his hips for emphasis.

In fairness, Viktor wasn't all that surprised when she slugged him.

-*-

The Corsair watched, curious, as Sedna strode into an 'outdoor' bar. Not that the word had a whole lot of meaning in a Kuiper belt settlement like this, but that was the effect the designer had gone for. Within moments she'd picked a likely target and punched him, and now the whole place was in an uproar.

"Oh, well done Sedna," she murmured approvingly. "Well done indeed."

Ignoring the chaos, she turned to a public terminal and called up a schematic of the settlement. Loosely, it was set up like a spider's web; eight arms (each a hundred meters wide) radiated out from a central hub, connected by cross-passages of various width and with various purposes. Some were access to hydroponic bays or power grids, others were maintenance for atmospheric and waste recycling, and still more were for habitats or storage or machine shops. And, at the center, was the administrative center. Literally.

Giving a little wave in the direction of Sedna's distraction, she set off down the street.

-*-

Viktor knocked down a heavy-set Swede, then stomped on his head for good measure. His ribs ached, his face ached, his hands ached, and he was having a great time. There was nothing like a good dust-up to chase the blues away. Once this was settled, he'd have to see about apologizing to Red and asking her to dinner like a proper gentleman, because she clearly knew how to have a good time.

"Sekpol!" someone shouted. "Sekpol!"

"Aw, hell," he breathed. He'd known it was coming, though. They'd have waited long enough for the brawl to die down, and then they'd show up and fine people for disturbing the peace and generally being too stupid to hang around. Turning, and clothslining an ampbitious Anglo who came at him with a bottle, he started to head for the door.

That's when he saw the yabo with the burner, drawing down on Red from behind. Even as the man's burner came up, his own blaster cleared its holster and he fired. Blasted by man-portable lightning, he didn't even have time to scream as a fist-sized hole tore through his chest.

"C'mon, Red!" he shouted, grabbing Sedna by the hand and tugging her towards the door. "It's a murder rap now, and we don't wanna be here for that!"

-*-

The Corsair watched the monitor screen with interest as the sniffers hunted for the pheremone signature she'd entered. She hadn't had the specifics for Lord Maximanthalarascendles, so she'd had to enter the general chemical patterns of a Gallifreyan. Now, it was time to see who she could find.

Gaining access to the small monitoring station hadn't been difficult. It had been a simple matter of checking to see if she'd been observed, then applying a sonic screwdriver to the lock for a moment. Now she was perched on a comfortable chair in a room about the size of a small walk-in closet, waiting for her search to be complete.

"Let's see... one in Aleph-Prime. That should be Sedna. One at the Hub... gotta be me." She hesitated, looking at the screen. "Hm. I wonder why my trail doubled-up like that?"

(OOC: No posts from Da-Shao today. And regarding the Corsair's last comment? Cue the ominous music...)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Aug 4 2014, 03:20 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

Sedna had just stormed away from the human when all hell broke loose in the pub. A soft smirk touched her lips at a job well done and she began to make her way back towards her partner. Unfortunately for her the job was too well done and soon the planet’s defensive force began to make its way to the pub to settle the crowds. She rolled her eyes at the ridiculous display and would have stopped to watch it had a hand not snaked out of the crowd and dragged her away.

Instinctively fighting it off she tried to get free until she realized it was the man she’d smacked and he was leading her away from the scene. Consenting to letting him do so she watched him a bit warily wanting to know why he was protecting her. However she only spoke once he’d gotten them away from the danger zone. "Alright start talking. Who are you? Why did you just save my life? Also I do apologize for smacking you.” She really wasn’t all that sorry, it had been an ends to the means after all. Yet she felt it was a small price to pay for him saving her life. Also in all honesty he wasn’t that bad looking for a human and she felt a bit bad for ruining his night.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
THE MASTER
 Posted: Aug 21 2014, 01:16 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

The flash of a red laser or beam struck the screen, and within a second the monitor was gone. Almost as if it was disintegrated. Considering the small size of the room, there was obviously only one direction that attack could have come from.

Standing behind the Corsair, only a few feet away from the doorway was the man responsible. He wore mostly all black, not counting the white and grey embroidery designs around his collar. The jacket may have been made of some finer soft cloth material, like velvet or silk, but didn't have a reflective or perfectly smooth texture to it, along with a pair of coattails, and sleeves that were of Trakennite design as indicated by the larger "puffs" on the upper part of the sleeves. He wore black boots over his pants. His outfit was both elegant enough for any sort of important event and yet it was also clearly designed to be functional for other more...physically active activities.

In his black gloved hands, pointing at the Corsair, was the device that destroyed the monitor. It was the size of a hand-tool, and could almost be mistaken for one by its rod-like shape. The tip of the tool was a slightly wider sphere, that was split open into 4 pieces as the white emitter in the center of the tool was now revealed. On the other hand was a squeeze trigger that would be pressed into the butt of the tool to fire off that dangerous blast. One inexperienced with this device might need to use both hands to effectively use it, one to hold the device steady while the other hand pushed the activator.

The man himself had brown hair that was combed back, a very light complexion for his skin tone, a neatly trimmed fully connected goatee and mustache, a cocky smirk, and a pair of bright sky blue eyes.

"Please make no sudden movements, my dear," the renegade Time Lord said in what sounded a fine and highly sophisticated British Accent. "Given your present location, it will be highly improbable you'll be able to successfully escape a shot from my Tissue Compression Eliminator."
PM
^
THE CORSAIR
 Posted: Aug 25 2014, 12:24 PM
First
Drunk and Disorderly
Group Icon

user posted image

The Corsair spun as the beam destroyed the monitor, hand dipping towards her stazer. Even as she touched it, though, she froze. The distinctive sight of the weapon aimed at her had had that effect. The wielder had brown hair that was combed back, a very light complexion for his skin tone, a neatly trimmed fully connected goatee and mustache, a cocky smirk, and a pair of bright sky blue eyes.

"Please make no sudden movements, my dear," the renegade Time Lord said in what sounded a fine and highly sophisticated British Accent. "Given your present location, it will be highly improbable you'll be able to successfully escape a shot from my Tissue Compression Eliminator."

"You are, of course, correct," the Corsair agreed. "Observe: I shall now - slowly - remove my hand from my pistol." She did so, then sat back in her chair and steepled her fingers before her. "Now, I must confess that I had not expected to meet you here. Whatever brings the infamout Master to such a remote backwater?"

-----

"C'mon, Red!" he shouted, grabbing Sedna by the hand and tugging her towards the door. "It's a murder rap now, and we don't wanna be here for that!"

She fought him for a moment, before it seemed that the reality of the situation sank in. And then she followed along, easily keeping up as he led them away from the main tunnel to get lost in foot traffic along a connector. And that's when she dug in.

"Alright start talking. Who are you? Why did you just save my life? Also I do apologize for smacking you.”

"Name's Victor," he grinned, digging a handkerchief out and wiping the blood from his face. "Viktor Majumdar, owner and operator of the Lovely Sita. And don't worry about smackin' me. I weren't no gentleman, just then."

He shrugged. "Why'd I save your life. Just cause. Ain't nobody needs to go to prison or the vac over a bar fight." A grin. "'Sides, you're cute. And you punch like a loading droid. What's not to like?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Sep 13 2014, 11:30 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"C'mon, Red!" … "It's a murder rap now, and we don't wanna be here for that!"

Sedna resisted the urge to yank her hand back and followed the man. “Well then let’s get out of here shall we?” She followed the man knowing he probably knew the land better than her. “I’ll let you lead for now. I’m not quite familiar with this part of Earth.” She wasn’t familiar with Earth period but she’d let him figure that out on his own.

"Name's Victor," …"Viktor Majumdar, owner and operator of the Lovely Sita. And don't worry about smackin' me. I weren't no gentleman, just then."

Other than his odd speech pattern she was able to understand him quite well. Thanks to the TARDIS translator no doubt, they really did need to upgrade it to discern odd speech patterns and dialects. Shrugging she decided to grant him the knowledge of her own name. “My name is Sedna, that’s all you need to know. I don’t want to put you in danger.” That plus she had no surname. “Thank you again and do lead the way to safety.” She smiled hoping it was reassuring.

"Why'd I save your life. Just cause. Ain't nobody needs to go to prison or the vac over a bar fight." … "'Sides, you're cute. And you punch like a loading droid. What's not to like?"

She felt oddly flattered by what he said, however he was a human and she didn’t think they’d ever make a pair. However she could use his infatuation to her benefit. So she smiled at him and even blushed a little. “Well a girl’s got to protect herself doesn’t she? You’re the first man I’ve met who’s gentleman enough to see my strength and fight as more than just a barrier. You’re not too bad looking yourself I must say.”

She needed to find her way back to the pirate though, however she had no idea where she was, so for the time being she’d bide her time and get her baring and hope to Rassilon’s knickers the person they were trying to find didn’t spring out and get her or something like that. Smiling she pretended to take in the sights while in fact she was scanning for enemies, or the Corsair, while taking in the scenery.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
THE MASTER
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 04:38 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I could ask the same of you my dear," the Master said calmly, keeping the TCE pointed at her. "I must admit I am rather surprised to see another Time Lord here. But perhaps you are more of a blessing than a boon."

The Master crossed his free arm under his elbow. "You see, given my last encounter with my arch nemesis the Doctor, my TARDIS has been damaged. I require at least one new dimensional stabilizer before I am able to freely travel again in a more...controllable environment. Given this moon's current level of technology, I could repair it myself, but that would take some time for me to do such, especially given your presence here. Now my dear, I must commandeer one of your stabilizers."

This lie would be his cover story here. It's no lie that a majority of his plans often involved the Doctor's destruction. One might say this incarnation had become rather obsessed with such a goal, as opposed to simply ruling the universe as he saw fit.
PM
^
THE CORSAIR
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 07:57 AM
First
Drunk and Disorderly
Group Icon

user posted image

"Now, I must confess that I had not expected to meet you here. Whatever brings the infamous Master to such a remote backwater?"

"I could ask the same of you my dear," the Master said calmly, keeping the TCE pointed at her.

"You could, " she agreed, noncommittaly, watching the deadly weapon carefully.

"I must admit I am rather surprised to see another Time Lord here. But perhaps you are more of a blessing than a boon."

She lifted an eyebrow at that. "Really? You are, perhaps, seeking to rejoin the CIA?"

The Master crossed his free arm under his elbow. "You see, given my last encounter with my arch nemesis the Doctor, my TARDIS has been damaged. I require at least one new dimensional stabilizer before I am able to freely travel again in a more...controllable environment. Given this moon's current level of technology, I could repair it myself, but that would take some time for me to do such, especially given your presence here. Now my dear, I must commandeer one of your stabilizers."

His story was... plausible. She didn't believe it, though. This was the Master, after all. Far safer to assume he was lying, about everything. "Would they even be compatible?" she asked. "I'm piloting a TT-62b, after all. Unless you've had an opportunity to upgrade, I beleve you were piloting a... hmmm...' Her eyes took on a far-away look, as she mentally reviewed what she knew about this particular Renegade. "A TT-45, correct? It's what you were flying when you went rogue on Darkheart, after all."

Once you'd established what lie the Master was telling (everything), then next you played for time. "My capsule has a full fabrication suite, however. I'm certain a Time Lord with your genius could build a new one - with those tools - far faster than you could adapt a mismatched stabilizer.'

---------------------

"Name's Victor," he grinned, digging a handkerchief out and wiping the blood from his face. "Viktor Majumdar, owner and operator of the Lovely Sita. And don't worry about smackin' me. I weren't no gentleman, just then."

Red shrugged. “My name is Sedna, that’s all you need to know. I don’t want to put you in danger.”

"Oh, it's like that, is it?" Viktor answered, raising his eyebrows. "That could maybe be why that drifter drew down on you - someone outta yer past, mebbe?"

“Thank you again and do lead the way to safety.” She smiled.

"Right, right, I get it an' I'm a-changing th' subject. C'mon, this way." After a few steps, he shrugged and added, "Why'd I save your life. Just cause. Ain't nobody needs to go to prison or the vac over a bar fight." A grin. "'Sides, you're cute. And you punch like a loading droid. What's not to like?"

Her response was a faint blush and a pretty smile. “Well a girl’s got to protect herself doesn’t she? You’re the first man I’ve met who’s gentleman enough to see my strength and fight as more than just a barrier. You’re not too bad looking yourself I must say.”

"Well, thank you. Means a lot, that does, comin' from a beautiful lady like you." He grinned, just a touch self conscious, then ducked down a side-corridor and glanced back out. "Looks clear," he said, turning his attention back to Sedna. "Look, I don't really care what you did, back on Earth. I ain't no Hisser stoolie, and I ain't no Dog neither. But you're clearly on th' deevee, an' someone wants you dead bad enough to send a Dog after you. So..." He shrugged again, looking slightly embarrased. "The Sita' a good ship - not much to look at, but she's got it where it counts. An' I'm headin Sunwards, Triton-bound." He hesitated. "If you need to get out in a hurry, I can take you as far as there."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Nov 3 2014, 10:46 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Right, right, I get it an' I'm a-changing th' subject. C'mon, this way."

A brow raised slightly but she kept her tongue waiting to see what would be said. She had no intention of choosing the next topic. She found often it was best to let the one you were trying to engage with do all the talking while you just nodded and responded where needed. Also she had no idea how to engage a human beyond what she’d learned from classes.

"Well, thank you. Means a lot, that does, comin' from a beautiful lady like you."

She nodded once then smiled softly. “You’re welcome mate.” Wow humans were a lot easier to manipulate than she’d thought, then again they were primitive species so wasn’t too hard to figure out why this one was quick to believe her charade. She waited patiently for him to return thinking about how else she could use him. He might be her ticket to moving around relatively freely once the local security mishap cleared.

"Looks clear," he said, turning his attention back to Sedna.

She nodded again in thanks and moved to continue their escape when he began talking again and she paused to listen.

"Look, I don't really care what you did, back on Earth. I ain't no Hisser stoolie, and I ain't no Dog neither. But you're clearly on th' deevee, an'someone wants you dead bad enough to send a Dog after you. So..." …. "The Sita' a good ship - not much to look at, but she's got it where it counts. An' I'm headin Sunwards, Triton-bound." He hesitated. "If you need to get out in a hurry, I can take you as far as there."

She tilted her head slightly as she looked at the man briefly contemplating knocking him out and continuing on her own. However she knew she’d have an easier time with a human “escort” around the planet, he was still useful. Without the Corsair she did have no way off the planet, she had no way of knowing her target was even on the planet let alone if the Corsair had in fact done a dock and ditch. She frowned and wondered if maybe allowing the man to take her to his new location then hiring a ship and continuing her search on her own was a better idea.

“Well as lovely as that sounds I didn’t come alone. I came with another woman and we were separated. If I left her behind that would be a tad rude. So can we look around first for her or are you in a hurry? I can take the law enforcement but if you’re in a rush I could always hire a ship and try and contact her later.” She smiled but also remained alert for any problems. This was not a chance she’d lose, but also not one she was willing to regenerate over. Her eyes never left him but she kept her posture light and friendly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  New ReplyNew TopicNew Poll