LOIS LANE
 Posted: Aug 20 2014, 07:41 AM
Lana
Ace Reporter/Adventurer
Group Icon

user posted image
LOIS LANE
25 || Human || Reporter

Meet Lois Lane. Spunky reporter, courageous loudmouth, rebellious army brat, and trying very hard to keep it a secret Superman's number one fan. Lois is loyal to a fault and recklessly honest. While she idolizes the Man of Steel, she's a bit of a hero herself, though she probably doesn't even realize it.

Lois is perfectly capable of getting out of any situation she gets into... er... most of them... well... some of them... okay, not really. It's mainly because she's only human and has a really horrible habit of biting off more than she can chew. Hey, cut her some slack, she does the best she can; she's not a superhero, after all. Still, being raised as an army brat, she's not just some helpless damsel in distress. That title is reserved for Jimmy. Lois gets around a lot, so you can be sure she'll be getting into all different kinds of zany adventures.

Also, if ya see Superman, don't suppose you can send him her way?

FRIENDS
    Lois's social life is rather nonexistent. She's a busy girl, after all, spending most of her time working. Even when she's not chasing a story, she doesn't particularly enjoy being around people... and if we're going to be honest, people don't particularly enjoy being around her either. Still, maybe she'll find a good friend. Clark's kind of her friend, right?
ENEMIES
    Unlike friends, Lois has earned plenty of these. Rivals, such as fellow reporters competing with her, just a person who finds Lois to be a despicable person (and believe me, there's plenty of those). Then there's the people she writes about in her articles--the mobsters, and criminals, and corrupted politicians. That's the real dangerous ones, because they have a deep hatred that could get a little more than just not saying good morning or saving Lois a donut. These guys will try to kill her.
LOVERS
    Lois's love life is pretty pathetic. She's clumsy, awkward, and terrified of intimacy. Even so, she's got a huge school-girl like crush on Superman, though it's more of idolizing a celebrity than actually loving him. However, she is starting to think of a certain Smallville farmboy... and she's starting to realize how wonderful of a person he is. And good looking. Why hadn't she ever noticed that before?

This post has been edited by LOIS LANE: Sep 22 2014, 02:57 AM
PM
^
MAGNUS SHEPARD
 Posted: Aug 24 2014, 12:15 PM
Cat
Advanced Member
Group Icon

Magnus is all about the getting in trouble, mainly cause his pass times involve saving people and solving horrible problems involving bad people.

I think they'd be a great pair to adventure together. Magnus already seems to have a subconscious fixation on how the Doctor does things, so he'd be all for a companion. How does that sound, traveling with a Timelord soldier and fighting bad guys? =o
PM
^
LOIS LANE
 Posted: Aug 24 2014, 02:50 PM
Lana
Ace Reporter/Adventurer
Group Icon

I'll go get my cape! Wait a second. I don't have a cape. Dang it. But I have a pen. *grabs pen and paper and runs into the time machine* Can I drive?

Sidekick to a time-lord? Who can turn that opportunity down! Shall we stick to that plot we discussed in the cbox? A little chaos at the Daily Planet, I think, should do for a good meeting. xD
PM
^
CLARK KENT
 Posted: Aug 26 2014, 03:16 PM
First
Superman
Group Icon

You mentioned doing a "reality warp", and dumping Lois and Clark somewhere else. Did you still want to do that with More Human than Human, or shall we set it up as a second thread?

Either way, I vote for something Edgar Rice Burroughs like. Lost worlds with dinosaurs, or dying planets with swords and airships. And, quite possibly, somewhere that causes Clark to begin losing his powers (red sun, or the 'sun' is glowing crystals in the continent-sized cavern that houses the 'world' or something of that sort).

Thoughts?
PM
^
LOIS LANE
 Posted: Aug 27 2014, 10:49 AM
Lana
Ace Reporter/Adventurer
Group Icon

Hmm. Well, the current thread is actually real fun. I'm thinking Miss Lane will probably go back to the Daily Planet and meet her new Kansas co-worker.

As for reality-travel, either of those ideas sound fun. :D Swords and Airships? Yesss. Lois no falling off Do you wanna start it in addition to our other thread, or would you rather we finish the other first?
PM
^
CLARK KENT
 Posted: Aug 27 2014, 04:21 PM
First
Superman
Group Icon

I have no problem with starting a second thread. I'll get it up later today, unless you get ambitious and beat me to it.
PM
^
CLARK KENT
 Posted: Aug 28 2014, 02:46 PM
First
Superman
Group Icon

Prisoners of the Jade Star!

Pulp goodness is go!

This post has been edited by CLARK KENT: Aug 28 2014, 02:47 PM
PM
^
LOIS LANE
 Posted: Aug 29 2014, 06:10 AM
Lana
Ace Reporter/Adventurer
Group Icon

First, I looove your writing. :D And you have a sense of humor. So much fun.
PM
^
BALTHIER
 Posted: Oct 13 2014, 09:58 PM
Strife/Goldfish
Leading Man
Group Icon

Hello = )

Balthier might be able to drop in on some action over in Metropolis- probably in the capacity of stealing something he should've have and trying to make off with the goods. Something for the news to report on, a dashing young man who would love to see his face all over the news.

I also have Fitz, who is more of an sidekick character who wants to be his own hero, but is the 8th Doctor's companion. I've got him in a few threads where he wanders off on his own and gets into (mis)adventures. Amusing, because his face claim is the same actor that plays Zod on Smallville (though your Lois is from a different show, still amusing).

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
LOIS LANE
 Posted: Oct 13 2014, 11:38 PM
Lana
Ace Reporter/Adventurer
Group Icon

Actually, it's Erica Durance. She was the Lois on Smallville. :D Story-wise I might have did it a little differently. But not by much.

Lois's adventures are usually misadventures till she MacGyver's something or is picked up by the Blue Boy Scout. Fitz and Lois would probably destroy Metropolis working together. Or they could meet, not get along, destroy something, get in trouble, and then pop up again to team up and save the day. Then they could both be heroes and not... sidekicks. *says disdainfully*

If Lois caught Balthier stealing something, she'd try to stop him. :D

This post has been edited by LOIS LANE: Oct 13 2014, 11:39 PM
PM
^
FITZ KREINER
 Posted: Oct 14 2014, 12:04 PM
Strife/Goldfish
1,3,5 chord
Group Icon

Ah! I stand corrected then happy.gif

Destroying parts of Metropolis while trying to fix it? Sounds fun - not for Metropolis, but you know, they meant well? I do like the idea of them not getting on at first. Fitz is a bit of the type to try to charm the ladies when he first meets them. Seeing as how she's got her eyes on Superman,I doubt Fitz will end up with the best of impressions at first. So perhaps they could meet at a scene Lois is reporting on. Fitz puts his nose in and buggers it up or somehow complicates things (for either Lois or the perpetrator). More plot happens. And in the end they feel like heroes for a day, even if it's Lois being the -actual- hero.

Any particular type of trouble you'd like them to get into? (ie, types of characters, mystery, etc) - I'm up for any types of fun action mystery plots. We could play around with the look-alike idea or go for pastiche/humour angle. If you'd like Balthier could play the 'bad guy' burglar for them to stop in this or we can make some other mystery/plot for them to work together on! Your choise of which char/s you're most on board with - whatever floats your boat. = )

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
LOIS LANE
 Posted: Oct 14 2014, 05:36 PM
Lana
Ace Reporter/Adventurer
Group Icon

Heh, have me make all the choices.

Okay, let's see... a deadlier villain would probably be funner. They can keep saving each other's lives (we could do it Scooby Doo style. They rescue each other through clumsiness and sheer luck). Maybe we could use Floating NPC as a villain for us. xD

I can totally see Lois looking at Fitz and yelling, ZOD!!!!! and try to beat him up. Humor is definitely good, that's for sure. Hmm. Lois is the Nancy Drew of the DCU, so a mystery would definitely be fun. Maybe they accidentally get handcuffed to each other--that wouldn't end well. Imagine the LOLs

So your idea could be how they meet--on a reporting scene, Lois recognizes Fitz as Zod, they kind of fight. Cops could cuff them and try to get them arrested, but they escape and end up solving a mystery stuck to each other (optional. Just thought it could be funny). They could be falsely accused of the crime, and as such have to clear their names--my version of Lois isn't well known enough yet to be dismissed because of her fame.

This post has been edited by LOIS LANE: Oct 14 2014, 05:40 PM
PM
^
FITZ KREINER
 Posted: Oct 14 2014, 07:58 PM
Strife/Goldfish
1,3,5 chord
Group Icon

I think that's a great opening - I give you permission to beat up on Fitz for looking like Zod! Hilarious. And the pair of them can get handcuffed together for being disorderly LOL. Before they get them into the car the cops can have their attention diverted by someone doing something bad! And then they make off, making them look even guiltier - an APB goes out, oh no, they look like they're accomplices to whomever just destroyed those cops? But really it was just because they happen to be near where there had been some action going on. Depending how long you want them to be chained together, Fitz can try to pick the lock once they're away from the scene. Unless it's both hands then they'll be in real trouble. I'm imagining them trying to get the things off, and not bash each other's heads in x )

Here's some heavy lifting from me then!

Thinking about your preferences and how we might come up with some good mystery to solve, I thought perhaps there could be some meta-plot behind the scenes which they could piece together. Brainstorming here: what if there is some group that is making use of a devise to take DC characters from one universe into a different time stream? That might be interesting - they could grab Fitz out of whatever timestream he was originally in and dump him in the same one as Lois. He was an accidental grab, not who they were going after at all! Likewise, this group could grab someone like Livewire and other similar characters that were killed in certain timestreams but not others. And they could cause some renewed activity from foes that were thought to be defeated in the past, but are leaving familiar calling cards or MOs. It might seem like a copycat spree.

This group [I'm just going to call them Apex for now - if you've got a better name then let me know] is trying to put together the perfect team not only to defeat Superman but other superheroes as well. Depending on how difficult we want to make things for our characters (as they're just regular humans themselves) we can route their plot together into meeting up with one particular villain that they might be able to take on with some knowledge, luck, and persistence. For that reason I thought that Livewire (Leslie Williams) might be cool - in some timestreams she even ends up becoming a hero, while in others she joins various villain teams. She's fairly powerful, has a beef with Superman, but has weaknesses as well - which could might mean Lois and Fitz don't get one-shotted.

*Disclaimer! I'm not as familiar with this character as I could be, just scanning over some wikis and vids. But I could watch some segments if she looks like a good candidate = ) There's others that might be good too that are on similar scale.

This post has been edited by FITZ KREINER: Oct 14 2014, 07:59 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
LOIS LANE
 Posted: Oct 14 2014, 10:55 PM
Lana
Ace Reporter/Adventurer
Group Icon

I like all those ideas. There's always Metallo, Parasite, and other such villains (even Zod if we want a REALLY good laugh), though I'd say Livewire has a big weakness, so Lois could just spray her with a water gun and they'll win. Parasite and Metallo would be near impossible to defeat.

Lois is also a lock-picker, so they might even fight over who gets to pick the locks... biggrin.gif

Aside from that, I love your idea--our idea? I suppose we kinda worked together on this one.

Do you mind starting? You can even start by adding Fitz getting tackled by a crazy woman calling him Zod. hinthintitslois

PM
^
FITZ KREINER
 Posted: Oct 15 2014, 12:35 AM
Strife/Goldfish
1,3,5 chord
Group Icon

I was going to have Fitz grabbed out instead of Zod and the Apex people just dump him in the slum, thinking he's not the Zod/clone they were looking for. So if you'd like to really mess everyone's day one of the Zods could get a go out of their time streams. Doubt he'd be someone for them to beat directly though! Not even with them wearing a kryptonite bodysuit xD If Livewire ends up not being enough of a challenge (though I would imagine they'd not know her weakness at first) we can pull in some of the other people Apex stole in to complicate things as well, make more background noise and clues for them to trip over - though I think between trying not to get killed and clearing their names (at least Lois's) and getting Fitz back to his timestream, they'll have their hands pretty full.

But yeah! Very much -our- idea! Woot! Hi-5! I can start, just need to figure out a good title....I'll post a link into this thread when I get it = )

This post has been edited by FITZ KREINER: Oct 15 2014, 01:37 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  New ReplyNew TopicNew Poll