First
Drunk and Disorderly
Group Icon

TARDIS Landing Slip Delta-E-117-2
The Panopticon
The Citadel
Gallfirey

user posted image

Irritibly, the Corsair leaned against the railing and stared out into space. The view - a breathtaking vista of the rest of the Citadel opening up around the Panopticon like a sculptured flower of precious stones and metals until it reached the crimson veldt that spread up into the silvered Mountains of Solace and Solitude - should have left her feeling at peace with the universe. Instead, it reminded her of her own inactivity. She wasn't sure if it was just this particular Incarnation, or if she was starting to (horror of horrors!) go native out in the greater Spiral Politic, but she was finding herself bristling at the time she had to spend on the Homeworld. Chafing at the endless round of Custom and Duty and Protocol.

And now they were saddling her with a... minder? Partner? Observer? Someone from the Chancellary Guard, reflecting the legal authority of Gallifrey. Because a Time Lord had gone missing in Mutter's Spiral. A Time Lord, and a TARDIS. And neither one needed to be permitted to fall into the hands of primitives. And so she had to wait. Wait, while the Guard determined who would be representing the Offices of the Lord President on this investigation.

So she was reduced to pacing, stalking back and forth along the gantry that supported her TARDIS, moving like a tiger in a cage. And every time she turned to see her TARDIS - chameleon circuit purged and plasmic shell taking the form of a nondescript grey box to avoid offending the sensibilities of the Time Lords - she found herself snarling like one. And her clothing - black brocade jacket trimmed with gold over black breeches and a cream silk shirt, and a black tricorn perched on long ash-blonde hair - gave her the appearance of a great cat as well.

How much bloody longer would this take?

--------------------------

Weywot, Quaoar's moon
Kuiper Belt, Sol System
Orion Arm
Mutter's Spiral
AD 4012

"Remarkable," observed Chen Da-Shao, peering at the man-like form strapped to the operating table. "Even like this, the organism's tenacity is breathtaking."

It - Da-Shao refused to think of an alien as he, despite the superficial similarities with the human - was no longer screaming. He had extracted the creature's larynx, early in his studies. Now, the most distracting sound it could make was a hollow whistling sound. "Some measure of the regenerative properties of the specimin must be utterly biological. I belive I may take this with me, for further study."

He turned away, and carefully lifted a small vial that appeared to be glass. Inside coiled a strand of... light? Motion? Whatever it was, it writhed and coiled in time with an unheard rhythm. Chen Da-Shao smiled at it. "The key to time itself," he breathed. "The key to my revenge..."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Mar 30 2014, 04:19 AM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

Sedna stood tall and proud before the high council, her fiery red hair tamed and ordered lay in cased un her helmet. Her uniform was pressed and wrinkle free, and her armor was shining polished impeccably, Her eyes watched the men as they looked between her and five other commanders trying to decide which one of them would be getting the mission to rescue the Time Lord that had gone missing. She was growing annoyed with how long this was taking. Oh how she hated politics. This was ridiculous the more time spent deliberating was more time the Time Lord missing was in danger and less likely the mission was going to succeed.

Finally the council began to speak. “The Council has decided to grant Commander Sedna the mission. Please exit the chamber and greet your partner The Corsair.” Sedna felt a jolt go through her, a titled Time Lord. She knew that was a common practice but she had yet to meet one. She sighed inwardly and hoped this Time Lord wasn’t to hard to work with. So with a slight feeling of trepidation she walked outside and prepared to meet this Time Lord.

The first thing she noticed was the woman’s clothing, then she saw the hat. A Captain, she knew that hat well having studied historical warriors during her time at the Academy. She groaned inwardly, this was going to be a long mission she felt. She was not sure whether she and this woman would get along. She was now also unsure who held the power here. This woman as obviously a leader, however were did she rank above her? She stood a bit taller, she was determined for the leader to be her. She squared her shoulders and walked forward towards the woman. “Greetings Time Lord Corsair, I am Commander Sedna of the Chancellory Guard. I have been ordered to work with you in the efforts of recovering the lost Time Lord. Are you ready to leave or do you need time to prepare?” She crossed her arms over her chest growing impatient with the time it was taking to get going. “My TARDIS is nearby so if you are ready then we can get going.” She was speaking in a commanding voice, she was making it clear she was not about to be in the position of led, she was going to lead.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
THE CORSAIR
 Posted: Apr 1 2014, 12:57 PM
First
Drunk and Disorderly
Group Icon

The sound of boots on the gantry interrupted the Corsair's brooding. She turned, finding a slim-built young-looking woman in the severe crimson-and-white of the Chancellary Guard approaching her. Drawing a deep breath, she pushed aside her irritation. And why not? It looked like things were finally moving!

"Afternoon..." she tipped her cap, giving the Guard a winning smile and glancing at the rank pins on the woman's shoulder. Interesting: she was a Time Lord who'd gone into the Guard. You didn't see that every day. "Lady-Commander. How are you, this fine day?"

The Lady-Commander squared her shoulders and straightened a little. “Greetings Time Lord Corsair, I am Commander Sedna of the Chancellory Guard."

"It's a pleasure, Lady-Commander. Or would you prefer Sedna?" She smiled again. "And please, call me Corsair. I'm rarely one to stand on ceremony."

"I have been ordered to work with you in the efforts of recovering the lost Time Lord. Are you ready to leave or do you need time to prepare?” She crossed her arms over her chest growing impatient with the time it was taking to get going.

She sighed. "Apparently, you are." Half-turning, she gestured at her TARDIS. "Everything's ready, so..."

“My TARDIS is nearby so if you are ready then we can get going," Lady-Commander Sedna stated, voice crisp.

A shrug. "Or, sure. We could take your TARDIS instead." Like most Time Lords with a TARDIS, she'd prefer to use her own. But... it wasn't worth picking a fight over. She'd have to work with this Guard for a while, so why wrong-foot everything? "I'll just need to use the communications station to slap a tracer beam on mine, so she can follow along. Oh, and I'll need to go grab a few things. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Apr 2 2014, 03:41 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Or, sure. We could take your TARDIS instead.”

Sedna looked at her and turned to walk away. She didn’t want to give up any control to this woman. She wasn’t very happy about being told how to address her. However she’d allow this shift in protocol after all a name was not something worthy of a word bout in her book. She nodded her head to the woman, she was not being difficult or lording her rank above her so why should Sedna be rude. She allowed a bit of relaxation to curve her spine out of it’s rigidness then turned to look at the woman.

"I'll just need to use the communications station to slap a tracer beam on mine, so she can follow along. Oh, and I'll need to go grab a few things. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.”

Now Sedna paused and thought. She really wanted to leave now, was her control of the mission worth another Time Lord’s life. She shook her head. “No, no, let’s take your TARDIS then. We are closer to it and it would be a more logical choice.” She turned to look at the woman. “Besides I am sure your TARDIS would be less noticeable than mine, the enemy would be expecting a Guard’s TARDIS not yours.” She sighed and nodded her head. “Lead the way aboard Corsair I will follow.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
THE MASTER
 Posted: Apr 2 2014, 06:43 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

A message, a transmission, was sent to that very TARDIS while Da-Shao had been working on the timelord subject.

"I have been watching you for some time now, Da-Shao Chen. You have impressed me greatly. Not many humans are capable of trapping a Time Lord, let alone extracting the Rassilon Imprimature from him. Especially not by this millennium's Earth technology."

The figure on the screen looked to be a human in his 40's, with bright blue eyes, somewhat bright Caucasian skin, almost to the point of being called "pale" but not exactly there yet. Just from his accident, combined with that skintone, one could've assumed he was perhaps of Earth European heritage. It would certainly explain some aspects regarding the black outfit he was wearing; more specifically the jacket with its "poofy" upper sleeves, buttons that appeared to be covered in fabric going from the bottom of his collar to the waistline, and the coat tails in the back. It almost resembled a medieval or Renaissance costume. His hair was brown combed back, perhaps with a bit of hair gel to ensure it stayed in place. His goatee seemed to be especially well cared for. He was sitting in a black chair with dark red velvet cushions. One might assume it was an antique. Behind him were black walls with glowing disks. it was one of the interior rooms of his TARDIS, albeit which one specifically was hard to say, as the camera showed no other objects in the room to identify the room's normal purpose. The floor itself was a black metallic or concrete looking material, meant to match with his walls' own coloring.

"I know what you're after. To seek revenge on the Doctor. Do not pretend to be surprised, you knew at some point the Time Lords would begin searching for you the moment you killed one of their own. You and I are after the same thing. I've fought the Doctor for many years. Even my own people fear my power. Allow me to introduce myself." He leaned back in his chair, and wrapped his gloved fingers around each other as he rested his hands in his lap. "I am known throughout the cosmos as the Master. I wish to offer my assistance. You may find this information too good to be true. If you still doubt my words, then allow me to give you some proof. I have sent your TARDIS a list of spacial and temporal coordinates for you to visit. Within the next century, Mavic Chen's dynasty of descendants will slowly but surely transform the Galactic Federation into the Second Great and Bountiful Human Empire. At each date and location, you will be viewing the key events that your siblings and future relatives will play a part in. Go there. Review everything I have given you to your heart's content. If you decide to accept my offer, then come meet me alone. I will be waiting on the darker side of the moon, at an abandoned mining installation known as the Eclipse Station. The date you are receiving this message, I will have been at the installation for roughly a week, assuming you do not arrive earlier. I will be leaving your present time the following day should you choose not to accept my invitation. From there we may discuss a plan to eliminate the Doctor, and the Time Lords of Gallifrey. Enjoy your newfound freedom my friend. The freedom to traverse all of time itself."

The Eclipse Station.
Luna.

The station may have been unused for years, but the power supply was still working. Solar panel collectors placed at the brighter side of the planet made sure of that. A bit of a quick tune up and a fresh supply of oxygen helped make sure the life support systems and artificial gravity of at least part of the installation still worked. Abandoned tools and mining equipment were scattered everywhere, as well as at least two abandoned small transport ships.

Outside one of those two crafts, the Master had already set himself up a small reading area. A rug made of a rare unknown alien's hide was set underneath his feet as he sat in the same chair he had used in his recorded message to Da-Shao Chen. Next to him was a small stand with a bowl of fruit. There was a lamp hanging over him, with its power cord leading back into the ship next to him. Only it wasn't really an abandoned shipping craft used by this installation; it was his TARDIS cloaking itself.
PM
^
THE CORSAIR
 Posted: Apr 5 2014, 09:25 PM
First
Drunk and Disorderly
Group Icon

user posted image

"I'll just need to use the communications station to slap a tracer beam on mine, so she can follow along. Oh, and I'll need to go grab a few things. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes."

She shook her head. “No, no, let’s take your TARDIS then. We are closer to it and it would be a more logical choice.”

"You're sure?" the Corsair asked, sounding surprised. "I mean, it's really not a problem..."

She turned to look at the woman. “Besides I am sure your TARDIS would be less noticeable than mine, the enemy would be expecting a Guard’s TARDIS not yours.”

She gave Sedna a grin like bottled lightning. "YOu've got a point, there," she said. "Nobody expects my TARDIS, really."

She sighed and nodded her head. “Lead the way aboard Corsair I will follow."

The realization that not only was she going to be going again, but that she'd be taking her own ship, gave a lightness to her steps that almost - almost - translated into skipping. "You are gonna love her," she said, striding up the gantry towards the grey box of her ship. "She's a TT-43j with a few custom upgrades. Rigged for noospheric travel, as well as Vortex and fourspace transit. Not as fast as one of the new TT-49s coming out of the Arpexian breeding factories, but there's a sense of style to her that a new TARDIS hasn't lived long enough to accrue."

Pausing to unlock the door, she threw it open and stepped inside. "Welcome aboard!" she cried.

The control room was eclectic - the general outlines followed the standard template, with white walls set with hexagonal panels and glowing white roundels, and a central control column with four interlocking spinning discs comprising the Time Rotor. But the customized touches set it apart - the hammock slung in one corner, next to a sea chest that served as a nightstand. Shelves of bound books, and cubbyholes holding rolled up charts. Antique brass navigational intruments sitting on a scroll-top desk of dark oak (and, in three cases, wired into the console itself). And, against the wall opposite the main Door, a massive ships wheel of dark wood. And everywhere, there were bottles. Wine bottles. Rum bottles. Beer bottles. Some full and sealed. Some empty and strewn about. Some empty, with candles stuck in the mouths, fire flickering on the wicks.

"You can stow your gear over there," she said, pointing towards one corner. "Once we weigh anchor, I'll set you up with a cabin."

--------------------

Weywot, Quaoar's moon
Kuiper Belt, Sol System
Orion Arm
Mutter's Spiral
AD 4012

Chen Da-Shao examined the glittering substance in the vial. It seemed a coiled strand of braided amber and ameythist light, and it shifted and twisted and danced to a rhythm he could not understand. Whatever it was, it had been laced throughout the DNA of the creature strapped to the table in the corner - laced, in such a way as to be unknown to the finest instruments of the Great Human Empire.

But not to the finest instruments of Chen Da-Shao. He had inherited his father's genius, honed it over long decades of study. He had even solved the great riddle, found a way to navigate through hyperspace without the beacon of the Great Clock - the dream his father had pursued for almost two hundred years.

His father had never seen his triumph. His father was dead, dead because of the schemes of the mysterious alien known as the Doctor.

He scowled, examining the coiling strand. If only his father had sought deeper in the Black Archives, had only unlocked the TORCHWOOD files, he would have known that 'the Doctor' was not a man. Would have known that the Doctor was a monster, a shape-shifting alien - a 'Time Lord' - who had twisted and altered the shape of human history to an unknowable purpose. He would have been on guard.

He would still be alive.

And now another of the 'Time Lords' had contacted him, a Time Lord who owned the name he was called in the Black Archives. The Master. The TORCHWOOD files spoke of him as a demon, a monster who had sought the destruction of the Earth half a dozen times. And every time, he had been defeated by the Doctor, who worked to preserve the planet for his own purposes. And this alien, this 'Master', sought an alliance.

"So be it," Chen Da-Shao murmured, looking at the vial. "If I survive, then I will set a monster to kill a monster."

He hesitated no longer. Lifting the cap from the vial, he inhaled the coiling strand of alien light. Immediately, it attacked his nerves, his bones, his cells. He bit his lip, drawing blood, refusing to scream as he felt it try to rewrite him, try to make something alien of him. But his will was strong, and he fought it. Fought to control it, make it do his bidding. And finally, this imprimature yielded to his will. The medical sensors on the bed confirmed what he knew.

Chen Da-Shao had triumphed over the alien imprimature, obtaining its strengths without being transformed. He could see the march of time about him, feel the beat of the alien rhythms of the imprimature. "Let the Time Lords tremble," he laughed, rising from the table. "For I am the new Prometheus, and I will give fire to Humanity!"

-----------------

The Eclipse Station.
Luna.

An alien wind kicked up in the hangar, rising and falling with a howling whine. Slowly, a shape flickered in and out of existenc as if struggling with the very concept of reality. Finally, with a last effort, it stablilzed in the form of a golden cabinet worked with the sign of the double-headed eagle. The roaring died away.

After a moment, the front of the cabinet opened. Chen Da-Shao emerged, garbed in black and orange, his bearing erect and confident. He stood, eying the cavernous hangar, allowing the doors of the TARDIS to close behind him. "I seek the one who calls himself the Master. I wish to discuss how we may accomplish the destruction of our mutual enemy - the Doctor."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Apr 5 2014, 10:48 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

Sedna looked the captain of the TARDIS they were about to take and smiled at her. It wasn’t a full smile but it was a smile. She couldn’t help it, the woman’s emotions were contagious. She followed her into the TARDIS and looked around impressed. From the description the Corsair had given her she knew this TARDIS was a ship of respectable caliber. She was lucky to be aboard it. “Thank you for the welcome Corsair. Your ship is beautiful.” She smiled at the Time Lord and continued to memorize the room. She did as she was told and left her bags where she had been told to. She decided to get right down to business.

“Corsair do you have rules for me to follow. I mean besides don’t touch anything.” She wasn’t planning on it, she’d rather not regenerate on this mission. She wanted to establish her place in the mission. She looked around at the room and frowned a bit. It was one of the most incredible interiors she had ever seen and she liked it. Yet she also felt the desire to be wary, something was distinctly wild and different here. She looked at her leader and frowned. “What do you know about our situation?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
THE MASTER
 Posted: Apr 7 2014, 12:36 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

user posted image

The Master gave a joyous laugh at the arrival of his new "ally" within the empty hanger. He stood up from his seat, closing the book he was reading and stood up from his seat, walking over and extending his hand in offering of a shake.

"Welcome my friend, welcome!" he greeted excitedly. "I trust you were satisfied with the locations I had given you. If not it is of little matter. They are of course only a small possibility of what might yet happen." After whether or not Da-Shao would accept the Master's handshake or not, the Master would turn around and look at the front of his rug, snapping his fingers. Suddenly, a black plastic chair began inflating from underneath the rug, slowly growing larger and expanding until it reached the same height as the chair the Master was sitting in. The Master extended his arm out towards the chair, offering it to Da-Shao.

"Please, do sit down so we may properly discuss our plans. Feel free to sample some of the fruit before you," the Master offered as he walked back to his own seat and sat down, taking a bite of what looked almost like a purple lumpy pear or gourd. As he called the vegetation in the bowl "fruit" however, it was most likely something similar to the former. The bowl's fruit was filled with fruit that may or may not be familiar to Chen. Some was definitely of Earth origin, or even Earth's colonies, but others were of fruits from other times and places that had clearly not been known of in the early 4000's. Some may have been extinct by this era. Some may have been native from Earth's own future.

The book the Master was reading had an old leather bound hard cover. The title of which, while it appeared to be in Greek symbols, was actually Old High Gallifreyan. The book itself was a volume regarding a portion of Earth's history: Both the current history, and the alternate histories it has had during the time the book was originally written.

He looked at Chen's choice of camouflage, if it could even be called that by how obviously it stuck out in this location. A double-headed eagle, a symbol used by a number of Earth's earlier empires, but its earliest known use was by the Hittites.

"Now to business," he began, setting the half-eaten fruit down on top of his book, wrapping his fingers around each other as he rested his elbows on the arms of his chair. "Our time together may be rather...limited to say the least. What you have done may very well be considered an act of aggression against the Time Lord government on Gallifrey. They will send members of the CIA to investigate the disappearance of the Time Lord you disposed of. They will track you down. They have methods to properly do so, when you don't cover your tracks as...thoroughly as some of the more renowned renegades do."

He held up a hand to stop Chen from speaking. "You may relax here, however. I have set up a small barrier to mask our presence here. You may not get a chance to stay within one time zone long enough to set about a trap for the Doctor, so I propose an alternative to this dilemma."

He paused to add in dramatic effect to his next statement. "I propose we first deal with the Time Lords themselves. A swift, hostile take-over. And then, with Gallifrey's unlimited resources in temporal technology, we destroy the Doctor."
PM
^
THE CORSAIR
 Posted: Apr 11 2014, 12:14 PM
First
Drunk and Disorderly
Group Icon

"You can stow your gear over there," she said, pointing towards one corner. "Once we weigh anchor, I'll set you up with a cabin."

“Thank you for the welcome Corsair. Your ship is beautiful.” Lady-Commander Sedna said with a smile.

The Corsair preened a little at the remark, straigntening up a little and looking around at her control room with an affectionate eye. "You've got a discerning eye," she said. "There's too many people who think newer necessarilly equals better." Still grinning a little, she moved to the navigational panel of the console and began to enter the coordinates of their destination.

“Corsair do you have rules for me to follow."

The Corsair glanced at the other Time lord. "Hmm? Rules?"

"I mean besides don’t touch anything.”

"Uhmm..." She sounded baffled. "Uh..." A shrug. "Just, use your common sense, I guess. If you feel like you need to interfere with our course, be ready to justify it." She went silent again, thinking, then shrugged. "I dunno. If you finish off the last bottle of booze in a room, it's your job to go fetch more out of the cellar?"

Rules? Rod and Eye.

She looked at her leader and frowned. “What do you know about our situation?"

The Corsiar flipped a final switch. There was a distant thud, followed by the droning roar of the engines as the Time Rotor began to rise and fall. "We're looking for Lord Maximanthalarascendles, Minister Plenipotentiary to the Court of the Jurai Stellar Empire. His TARDIS went off the grid, so to speak, three days ago, in Mutter's Spiral."

She shot Sedna a grin. "What he was doing there is anyone's guess. Juraiheim is in Bothark's Nebula, about three hundred thousand light years from Mutter's Spiral. So, the CIA is assuming foul play."

Stepping back, she gestured at the console. "I'm open to suggestions, of course, but my plan was to head for the last recorded Vortex point his TARDIS was sensed at, and then look for traces of him. What do you think?"

---------------------------

Chen Da-Shao glanced curiously at the Master's hand for a moment before recognizing it as a gesture of greeting. Cautiously he took it in a firm grasp and followed the alien's lead as they shook.

"Welcome my friend, welcome!" he greeted excitedly.

"Good afternoon," Da-Shao responed, offering a slight bow with his handshake.

"I trust you were satisfied with the locations I had given you. If not it is of little matter. They are of course only a small possibility of what might yet happen."

"They were a remarkable gesture," Da-Shao agreed. "But, I have always considered it foolish to rest on one's laurels." A thin smile. "Particularly when they are achievements-to-be."

He accepted the chair that the Master provided, eying the room carefully. It was unpreposessing, to say the least. But then, his own secret laboratory had been spartan as well.

"Now to business," he began, setting the half-eaten fruit down on top of his book, wrapping his fingers around each other as he rested his elbows on the arms of his chair. "Our time together may be rather...limited to say the least. What you have done may very well be considered an act of aggression against the Time Lord government on Gallifrey."

Da-Shao lifeted an eyebrow. "There is a nation of Time Lords, then? No, I misspeak. A world?"

"They will send members of the CIA to investigate the disappearance of the Time Lord you disposed of. They will track you down. They have methods to properly do so, when you don't cover your tracks as...thoroughly as some of the more renowned renegades do."

His knuckles whitened as his fingers dug into the arm of the chair, and he was on the edge of rising when the Master lifted a hand. "You may relax here, however. I have set up a small barrier to mask our presence here. You may not get a chance to stay within one time zone long enough to set about a trap for the Doctor, so I propose an alternative to this dilemma."

He paused to add in dramatic effect to his next statement. "I propose we first deal with the Time Lords themselves. A swift, hostile take-over. And then, with Gallifrey's unlimited resources in temporal technology, we destroy the Doctor."

Now it was Chen Da-Shao's turn to pause for dramatic effect. Finally, he settled back in his chair. "Permit me to restate what you have said. The Time Lords - a force we dare not risk drawing the attention of - will hound me from time to time with such fury that I must needs flee to escape their wrath. And so, to escape their wrath, we should conquer them?"

He let the words hang in the air for an uncomfortably long minute, then laughed. "It is... audacious. Tell me of your plan. How shall we deal with your enemies?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 01:08 AM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"You've got a discerning eye," she said. "There's too many people who think newer necessarilly equals better.”

Sedna dipped her head in thanks. “Aye! So many people are going for the bigger and better option and completely overlooking the true gifts! Why change what works?” She looked around the ship with an praising eye. “Simple doesn’t mean dull, it can be very eye catching.” She looks around and sighs. “I wish I was aloud to decorate my own ship, but Guard rules and all that.” She huffed irritated a bit. She didn’t particularly care for the fact she wasn’t aloud to redecorate.

"Uhmm..." She sounded baffled. "Uh..." A shrug. "Just, use your common sense, I guess. If you feel like you need to interfere with our course, be ready to justify it." She went silent again, thinking, then shrugged. "I dunno. If you finish off the last bottle of booze in a room, it's your job to go fetch more out of the cellar?"

She tilted her head and shrugged. “Fair enough rules. She smiled at the woman and watched her work. “I don’t see any reason to interfere with the course, whatever it is at the moment, and will gladly justify anytime I do see a reason too.” She grinned and shook her head. “Actually I’ve never tasted booze but for once and it wasn’t on a pleasure cruise.” She shrugged, it just was never on her job description so never on her things to do list.

"We're looking for Lord Maximanthalarascendles, Minister Plenipotentiary to the Court of the Jurai Stellar Empire. His TARDIS went off the grid, so to speak, three days ago, in Mutter's Spiral."

Sedna made sure to remember that. She had not been debriefed beyond the basic who you’re traveling with and this is an important mission speech. She had been informed her partner would know the other details. “Sounds like the norm to me.”

"What he was doing there is anyone's guess. Juraiheim is in Bothark's Nebula, about three hundred thousand light years from Mutter's Spiral. So, the CIA is assuming foul play."

“I must state, I agree with the CIA’s assumption there. Seems a legit assumption. However whatever his reasons he better start packing cause we are coming to get him and I for one want to be home in time for tea.” She liked having missions but she didn’t want to miss any chance to prove herself worthy of a promotion. Then again did she really want one?Having to deal with stodgy politicians was hardly high on her likes this list.

"I'm open to suggestions, of course, but my plan was to head for the last recorded Vortex point his TARDIS was sensed at, and then look for traces of him. What do you think?”

“I think it’s a great plan. Does your TARDIS by chance have a cloaking device we could use to sneak up on our enemies?” Her’s didn’t but that didn’t mean this one didn’t either. “I missed it if you said you did before. If I did miss it I apologize for my lapse in attention."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
THE MASTER
 Posted: Apr 15 2014, 11:06 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"It's rather simple," the Master began. "The Time Lords have been isolationists for far too long. At the height of their power, they believed that no other civilization would ever evolve to the point of ever conquering them. The Daleks, for example, have evolved to the point the Time Lords consider them a great threat. The Cybermen are also a feared threat. The Sontarans, despite not having time travel capabilities themselves, have once conquered the Capitol of Gallifrey. They are dangerous, yes, but they are not invincible."

He leaned back in his chair. "An old friend of mine, a renegade known as 'The War Chief' once tried raising an army with the War Lords made up of beings from different points of Earth's history...to train the greatest fighting force and conquer the cosmos. The War Lords' planet was punished by the Time Lords thanks to the Doctor's intervention, and they returned the soldiers to their own timelines. There are a number of civilizations and empires that fear the Time Lords. We shall gather a small army throughout history. Once our forces are assembled, we will strike the heart of Gallifrey itself, the Capitol. I have detailed map of the Panopticon, the 'head government building' if you will. It serves as not only a place for politics however."

His grin broadened, and his eyes widened as he revealed the next detail to Da-Shao, eager to see how he might react. "It is also the heart of where all the Time Lords' power comes from...the Eye of Harmony. Without it, these vessels..." he indicated the TARDISes, "all Gallifreyan technology, and even the transduction barrier around the planet...Even the very field that separates Gallifrey's timeline from the rest of the universe...it will all go away. Whoever controls the Eye of Harmony holds the fate of the Time Lords...No...the entire UNIVERSE in their grasp!"

As he said that last part of his speech, he reached out a hand holding an apple. Then crushed it with very little effort.
PM
^
THE CORSAIR
 Posted: Apr 25 2014, 09:45 AM
First
Drunk and Disorderly
Group Icon

The Corsiar flipped a final switch. There was a distant thud, followed by the droning roar of the engines as the Time Rotor began to rise and fall. "We're looking for Lord Maximanthalarascendles, Minister Plenipotentiary to the Court of the Jurai Stellar Empire. His TARDIS went off the grid, so to speak, three days ago, in Mutter's Spiral."

“Sounds like the norm to me,” Sedna observed.

"It's actually not," the Corsair remarked. "Despite the myths that have been perpetuated by our more notorious criminals - the Deca, for instance - most TARDISes don't just up and vanish. The High Council is actually fairly tolerant of a certain level of... ah... unapproved activity." She winked at Sedna. "As long as you don't break the law or get stupid, that is."

She shrugged. "What he was doing there is anyone's guess. Juraiheim is in Bothark's Nebula, about three hundred thousand light years from Mutter's Spiral. So, the CIA is assuming foul play."

“I must state, I agree with the CIA’s assumption there. Seems a legit assumption. However whatever his reasons he better start packing cause we are coming to get him and I for one want to be home in time for tea.”

"Yeah. Taking time off to play tourist is one thing. Taking the transponders offline is another. Lord Maximanthalarascendles - if he did it deliberately - is in an epic world of trouble." A laugh. "Assuming we find him."

Stepping back, she gestured at the console. "I'm open to suggestions, of course, but my plan was to head for the last recorded Vortex point his TARDIS was sensed at, and then look for traces of him. What do you think?”

“I think it’s a great plan. Does your TARDIS by chance have a cloaking device we could use to sneak up on our enemies?” Her’s didn’t but that didn’t mean this one didn’t either. “I missed it if you said you did before. If I did miss it I apologize for my lapse in attention."

"No," she laughed, "no cloak. Not my style in the slightest."

---------------------

He let the words hang in the air for an uncomfortably long minute, then laughed. "It is... audacious. Tell me of your plan. How shall we deal with your enemies?"

And the Master explained, painting a picture of the Time Lords as arrogant isolationists, confident in their own power even as they were threatened by outside forces. And then he elaborated, showing how that arrogance could be their undoing. "There are a number of civilizations and empires that fear the Time Lords. We shall gather a small army throughout history. Once our forces are assembled, we will strike the heart of Gallifrey itself, the Capitol. I have detailed map of the Panopticon, the 'head government building' if you will."

Da-Shao nodded. "A surgical strike, then. Execute their government and claim power before they can rally." He eyed the Master thoughtfully. "They won't accept us, though. Not an alien and a criminal. How do you propose that we secure our power?"

"It serves as not only a place for politics however."

He arched an eyebrow. "Really?"

His grin broadened, and his eyes widened as he revealed the next detail to Da-Shao, eager to see how he might react. "It is also the heart of where all the Time Lords' power comes from...the Eye of Harmony. Without it, these vessels..." he indicated the TARDISes, "all Gallifreyan technology, and even the transduction barrier around the planet...Even the very field that separates Gallifrey's timeline from the rest of the universe...it will all go away. Whoever controls the Eye of Harmony holds the fate of the Time Lords...No...the entire UNIVERSE in their grasp!"

As he said that last part of his speech, he reached out a hand holding an apple. Then crushed it with very little effort.

"It it is as powerful as you say, surely it is well guarded." Da-Shao leaned back in his chair. "How large of an army do you believe we will require?"

-----------------

Kuiper Belt, Sol System
Orion Arm
Mutter's Spiral
AD 4012

From here, everything seems empty. The stars are a distant glitter of diamond-hard lights, scattered on the curtain of night, and even the primary star of the Sol system is just an unusually bright light in the heavens. The bodies that orbit out here are so widely seperated that they cannot be seen by the naked eye.

So, a hypothetical observer could be forgiven for missing the sudden appearance of a fully-rigged galleon in the empty heavens.

Inside, the Corsair examined the navigational display. "Earth," she sighed. "Why am I not surprised?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
SEDNA
 Posted: May 3 2014, 01:14 AM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Earth," she sighed. "Why am I not surprised?”

Sedna looked at the console in curiosity. She’d never been to Earth, well not in her memory anyway. “Hmm I am curious, why do so many Time Lords visit this planet?” She shrugged her shoulders and looked at the captain of this ship. “Well if he’s around here then we will find him soon. Doesn’t seem to advanced down there. Then again these are humans.” She gave a dismissive snort and looked back at the console then backed off. “Well let’s go play host.”

She checked her weapons for readiness, making sure the safety was on her Oblitus she didn’t need to regenerate after all, and then looked at Corsair again. “Hope you don’t mind. I prefer weapons I make, the regulated ones are so weak and boring.” She shrugged. It was the one rule she chose to break.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
THE MASTER
 Posted: May 26 2014, 07:29 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Depends on the species and the technology they are armed with," the Master explained. "As well as how close we can land inside the Panopticon. I'll have you know I had once managed to break into the Capitol on numerous occasions, and using only two other men in one attempt to unleash the power of the Eye of Harmony, managed to destroy half the city in the process and steal a rather important and powerful shielding artifact." No need to mention he had failed to achieve his original goal back then.

"Under the right circumstances a well prepared Dalek Task Force of say...anywhere between 100 and 200 could easily take control of the Panopticon if they had landed inside the building. I can handle the transduction barriers easily. You...You will land our forces inside the building. That being said of course, I assume you'd want an army of soldiers you know you could maintain control over. Do you have any preferences of species, time frame, army, etc.?"

It won't matter to him what army this man chooses. The Master uses any and all civilizations, nationalities, races, and species to his advantage. So long as they can be controlled, it won't matter. In the end, all his allies are disposable.
PM
^
THE CORSAIR
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 09:00 PM
First
Drunk and Disorderly
Group Icon

"Earth," she sighed. "Why am I not surprised?”

“Hmm," Sedna wondered aloud, eying the console, "I am curious, why do so many Time Lords visit this planet?”

The Corsair made a few minute adjustments to the navigational console. "I suspect it's because they're Gallifreiform life," she said. "It's easy to pass as as a Earthling if you wish, particularly if you keep to the first Information Age or earlier." She glanced over her shoulder at Sedna, and winked. "Also, it's a fun place to cut loose. They don't tend to be as formal as the Jurai, and they're far less likely to flinch at the sight of us as the Minyans."

She shrugged her shoulders. “Well if he’s around here then we will find him soon. Doesn’t seem to advanced down there. Then again these are humans.”

"Not too advanced, no. Barely a Type 1 civilization, even in this age. But don't get too cocky." She made a final adjustment, and turned to look at her partner. "They're clever, they are. And they'll be running this galaxy in a few more millennia."

She gave a dismissive snort and looked back at the console then backed off. “Well let’s go play host.”

"Let's." The Corsair flipped a switch, and the sails of the ersatz galleon swelled with an unseen wind. The ship moved out, following a tenuous trail of exotic particles.

--------------------

"It it is as powerful as you say, surely it is well guarded." Da-Shao leaned back in his chair. "How large of an army do you believe we will require?"

"Depends on the species and the technology they are armed with," the Master explained. "As well as how close we can land inside the Panopticon. I'll have you know I had once managed to break into the Capitol on numerous occasions, and using only two other men in one attempt to unleash the power of the Eye of Harmony, managed to destroy half the city in the process and steal a rather important and powerful shielding artifact."

Da-Shao nodded his agreement. "That seems logical, yes. Will we be using a variation of your previous plan?" He eyed the 'Master' critically. "I assume not - surely these 'Time Lords' have secured that particular approach?"

"Under the right circumstances a well prepared Dalek Task Force of say...anywhere between 100 and 200 could easily take control of the Panopticon if they had landed inside the building. I can handle the transduction barriers easily. You...You will land our forces inside the building. That being said of course, I assume you'd want an army of soldiers you know you could maintain control over. Do you have any preferences of species, time frame, army, etc.?"

Chen Da-Shao drummed his fingers on the arm of his chair. "There are men my father trusted, and who I can still trust. Leman Russ... Jaghatai Khan. And... Lupercal Horus. Each could bring us perhaps a batallion of Terran Marines." He smiled thinly. "Not a match for a Dalek one on one, but they will do the job."

Leaning back, he eyed the Master cooly. "I am confident enough in my ability to navigate my new TARDIS and gather them all. Where shall we meet?"

--------------------

"We've arrived," the Corsair announced. "one of the Terran Kuiper belt objects. Uhm..." she checked the display. "The locals named it 'Quaoar'. You ready to go in?"

She checked her weapons for readiness, making sure the safety was on her Oblitus she didn’t need to regenerate after all, and then looked at Corsair again. “Hope you don’t mind. I prefer weapons I make, the regulated ones are so weak and boring.”

"Knock yourself out," the Corsair said amiably as the ship descended towards the surface of the planetoid. "Just watch your aim."

This post has been edited by THE CORSAIR: Jun 2 2014, 09:00 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  New ReplyNew TopicNew Poll