Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) New ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Midnight at Pirate's Bay (Balthier), Sequel to Stranger's in a Stranger Land
SEDNA
 Posted: Jun 16 2014, 08:15 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

Sedna awoke calm and ready. At first she forgot what had happened the day before, then the aches in her arms and legs reminded her of the work out she had suffered the at the hands of the Drazils. Thoughts of the Drazils reminded her of the signing and her new life as a pirate serving under Captain Balthier. She smiled to herself and made her way to the cantina.

Upon arrival there she ordered herself a bar flavored pancakes with syrup, a flavor she had never tried for the sugar count always seemed to high, coupled with a drink packet full of guava juice. Sitting down she sipped thoughtfully at the juice and scrolled through the pad that contained a list of the rooms she had to remove the traps from before her captain awoke. She had no idea how long he’d sleep but she also didn’t know how long she could afford to put it off.

”Hmm I wonder should I work from the console room back or from the cargo bays forward then go to the less used areas. What do you think girl?” Her ship responded with a sharp growl. ”Well aren’t you pleasant this morning. You know it’s very rude to growl at people.” Her ship responded with another sharp growl coupled with several curses. ”OI! There is no call for that language! We may be pirates now but that doesn’t mean we should stop using proper language. You don’t hear the captain spouting off such foul words.” The resulting growl was more chagrined than violent and her ship apologized.

Once she was finished eating she made her way to the cargo bays and began removing traps from some of the rooms in that language. Several loud swears were ripped from her lips when she tripped a particularly vicious trap. She silently hoped she hadn’t woke the captain up when her voice echoed through the ship. “Last time I use spine whip plants as a trap.” She winced as she removed the spines from her hand and face while her ship gave her a sarcastic reprimand. ”Oh shut up you oversized tincan. I had a right to swear you were just grumpy.” She swore again when the ship zapped her soundly for insulting it.

”Why you! That hurt!” The resulting hum was less than polite. ”I will not apologize! You started it!” Grumpily she turned back to her work and snarled curses in Gallifreyan. The ship gave her another stronger zap. ”OWWWWW!! DANG IT STOP!!” Realizing she had shouted she stopped an anxiously hoped she hadn’t woke Balthier up before hastily returning to ridding the ship of the spiny menace it currently held.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
BALTHIER
 Posted: Jun 16 2014, 11:54 PM
Strife/Goldfish
Leading Man
Group Icon

She silently hoped she hadn’t woke the captain up when her voice echoed through the ship. “Last time I use spine whip plants as a trap.” She winced as she removed the spines from her hand and face while her ship gave her a sarcastic reprimand. ”Oh shut up you oversized tincan. I had a right to swear you were just grumpy.” She swore again when the ship zapped her soundly for insulting it.

Balthier was awoken to screaming and swearing. It was not a pleasant waking call, not something he cared to hear at all. At first, he thought that there was danger. He awoken in a strange room, fully clothed, boots kicked carelessly to the floor. Screaming brought to his mind dreadful monsters and other people being hurt, and of course him running to the rescue. The thought crossed his mind, wondering if this was a time to do just that. Then the voice clarified in his mind as the haze of sleep departed: Sedna, yelling right near his cabin door.

”Why you! That hurt!” The resulting hum was less than polite. ”I will not apologize! You started it!” Grumpily she turned back to her work and snarled curses in Gallifreyan. The ship gave her another stronger zap. ”OWWWWW!! DANG IT STOP!!”

The pillow over his head did not diminish her cursing. Gritting his teeth, he pulled himself off the admittedly very comfortable bed and dragged himself to the door. Under normal circumstances, he would never allow anyone to see him in such a state. Hair in complete disarray, barefoot, clothing crumpled. But he was much too angry to care. He opened the door and stuck his head out, glaring at Sedna.

"Do you mind? Your Captain is trying to get some sleep!"

This post has been edited by BALTHIER: Jul 5 2014, 04:37 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 02:46 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Do you mind? Your Captain is trying to get some sleep!"

Sedna winced at the anger in her captain’s face and tone. “I am sorry Captain. It is not my fault though. It seems the ship has a temper this morning and will not let me work in peace. She keeps zapping me.” As if to prove her point the ship zapped Sedna and laughed haughtily. “YOW! Will you cease this…I am not the one who woke him up. You’re annoying zapping is.” She narrowed her eyes at the ship. “Now cease this childish behavior and let our captain sleep.” She huffed angrily.

She turned back to her captain with an apologetic look in her eyes. “Do forgive me Captain Balthier. My ship is not normally this annoying. She seems to have awoken with an edge to her temper. I do not know what is causing this appalling behavior. Please go back to bed I will deal with this.” She shot the nearest console a glare. “And I’m turning that infuriating zapper thing of hers off.” A growling warning rumbled through the ship. “Yeah well at least I have poise and manners.” An electronic crackle filled the air.

She rolled her eyes at the ship’s antics and sighed. “Once again forgive me.” She pointedly refrained from commenting on the man’s appearance while making her way to the console and working on turning the ship’s defenses off so she could remove the electronic shots as well.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
BALTHIER
 Posted: Jun 17 2014, 07:31 PM
Strife/Goldfish
Leading Man
Group Icon

“I am sorry Captain. It is not my fault though. It seems the ship has a temper this morning and will not let me work in peace. She keeps zapping me.” As if to prove her point the ship zapped Sedna and laughed haughtily. “YOW! Will you cease this…I am not the one who woke him up. You’re annoying zapping is.” She narrowed her eyes at the ship. “Now cease this childish behavior and let our captain sleep.”

"Enough!" He'd inherited a ship of fools. Feeling slightly foolish himself, he said in a commanding and irate tone, "Ship, stop zapping acting First Mate Sedna. Sedna, whatever you've done to anger the ship, fix it. Before I wake up again. Which will not be soon, if I have my say."

She turned back to her captain with an apologetic look in her eyes. “Do forgive me Captain Balthier. My ship is not normally this annoying. She seems to have awoken with an edge to her temper. I do not know what is causing this appalling behavior. Please go back to bed I will deal with this.” She shot the nearest console a glare. “And I’m turning that infuriating zapper thing of hers off.” A growling warning rumbled through the ship. “Yeah well at least I have poise and manners.”

"I said enough! Stop. Cease arguing. Now! As in right now, immediately." He was getting more cross by the moment. "That's an order! Sedna, find out why the ship is electrocuting you. Ship, stop making my crew scream like banshees while I am trying to sleep."

“Once again forgive me.” She pointedly refrained from commenting on the man’s appearance while making her way to the console...

Once he saw her walking off, he shook his head and closed the door. He caught a look at himself in the mirror. Had that mirror been there? He couldn't recall a vanity. But the visage that he saw was not one he'd want to be seen. Even having crashed his ship...his ship! The Strahl suddenly lept back into his mind, along with the full force of everything that had happened before. He tried to lay back in the bed but it was no use. Grumbling, he set to work making himself presentable, spending a good deal of time and effort making sure he looked and was clean and tidy before heading to the control room to find Sedna. He wanted a look at his ship and he wasn't sure what dock she'd been put into. Remembering her warning about not wandering around and setting all the traps off, the best course was for him to find her first.

This post has been edited by BALTHIER: Jun 18 2014, 09:14 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Jun 18 2014, 07:19 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Enough!" He'd inherited a ship of fools. Feeling slightly foolish, he said in a commanding and irate tone, "Ship, stop zapping acting First Mate Sedna. Sedna, whatever you've done to anger the ship, fix it. Before I wake up again. Which will not be soon, if I have my say."

Sedna nodded to Balthier and sighed. “Yes Captain.” She looked at the ship expectantly. “Well?” A rumbling growl met her ears and she narrowed her eyes at the ship. She psychically snarled at the ship to remember her place and behave. She sighed and apologized to the captain again which earned her another fight from the angry TARDIS.

"I said enough! Stop. Cease arguing. Now! As in right now, immediately." He was getting more cross by the moment. "That's an order! Sedna, find out why the ship is electrocuting you. Ship, stop making my crew scream like banshees while I am trying to sleep."

Sedna blushed and ducked her head at being reprimanded. “Forgive me sir.” She slipped back into her soldier like actions as her instincts took over. “It will not happen again.” The TARDIS also hummed an apology at the Captain for having taken it too far. “The ship says sorry as well. She didn’t mean to upset you and was only having a spot of fun.” Clearly this didn’t please Sedna to have to say, she frowned and looked away heading to a console to put a stop to this.

Sedna made her way to the console room to log the traps she had broken down and the rooms she had secured for Balthier. She also made sure to issue the orders to the ship to begin cataloguing the contents of the various holds and rooms and where they were located. “TARDIS give me a visual of the hold that contains the Captain’s other ship.” As the room came up on the viewscreen she nodded satisfied that the ship had been stored correctly and was safe.

When she heard the footsteps approaching her she turned hand going to her waist until she saw who it was. Blushing she removed her hand from her weapon and stepped towards the man. “I wasn’t expecting you up so soon Captain. I was just checking on your ship. I got several traps and rooms secured for your use. I’d have had more done but…well you know why I was delayed.” She shot the console an angry glare. The ship actually hissed in anger but didn’t do much more. She straightened up and looked at Balthier. “I can take you to the cantina, or anywhere you want. I haven’t laid in course for Midnight for I figured you would like to be here for that. Also the ship refuses to speak anything I care to repeat to me so she is still unnamed.” She stopped talking not wanting to overwhelm the man and waited for her instructions, or next reprimand.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
BALTHIER
 Posted: Jun 18 2014, 09:27 PM
Strife/Goldfish
Leading Man
Group Icon

“Forgive me sir.” She slipped back into her soldier like actions as her instincts took over. “It will not happen again.” The TARDIS also hummed an apology at the Captain for having taken it too far. “The ship says sorry as well. She didn’t mean to upset you and was only having a spot of fun.”

"Just...let me go to sleep. In peace," he said, trying to quell his fouled temper.

When she heard the footsteps approaching her she turned hand going to her waist until she saw who it was. Blushing she removed her hand from her weapon and stepped towards the man. “I wasn’t expecting you up so soon Captain. I was just checking on your ship. I got several traps and rooms secured for your use. I’d have had more done but…well you know why I was delayed.”

"It's a bit early to mutiny the Captain," he said, noting that she'd gone to draw her weapon. "As it happens, I found it hard to fall back asleep. So I thought I might as well make use of my time...having no idea where you keep the liquor, my next thought was to see how bad the damage to the Strahl is and begin a list of necessary components to fix her.

“I can take you to the cantina, or anywhere you want. I haven’t laid in course for Midnight for I figured you would like to be here for that. Also the ship refuses to speak anything I care to repeat to me so she is still unnamed.”

"I want to see the Strahl," he said without hesitation. "Ship, your Captain wishes to know your name. That, or I shall give you one myself."

This post has been edited by BALTHIER: Jun 18 2014, 09:30 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Jun 26 2014, 02:20 AM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Just...let me go to sleep. In peace," he said, trying to quell his fouled temper.

Sedna nodded and let him leave. She didn’t want to anger him too much. One near regeneration was enough for the time being and she was still feeling that disconcerting anxiety it caused her. She made her way to the console room to work on a few things there while the captain slept.

"It's a bit early to mutiny the Captain," he said, noting that she'd gone to draw her weapon. "As it happens, I found it hard to fall back asleep. So I thought I might as well make use of my time...having no idea where you keep the liquor, my next thought was to see how bad the damage to the Strahl is and begin a list of necessary components to fix her.”

She blushed and pulled her hand away from the weapon. “Sorry, force of habit. I’m not quite used to traveling with another yet and was reacting on instinct.” She quirked her brow a bit at his second comment and shrugged. “You’d not have found any. All of my drinks come from the rations dispenser. Which doesn’t do alcoholic beverages since it’s just flavored liquid nutrients.” She tilted her head to the side and then pressed a button on the console bringing up the image of his ship on the viewscreen. “She’s safe and sound in the third cargo bay. I can take you there immediately.”

"I want to see the Strahl," he said without hesitation. "Ship, your Captain wishes to know your name. That, or I shall give you one myself."

The ship buzzed a threatening buzz and growled. However it soon became a hum after Sedna shot her a hard look. “I will take you to your ship.” She then turned expectantly to the console and crossed her arms. “Well?” The ship was silent for several minutes and then hummed and Sedna quirked a brow again. “Well aren’t you so humble.” That earned her a hiss. “Alright alright! She said her name is Tempia Regina, The Queen of Time.” She rolled her eyes at the smug tone to the ship’s hum. “More like the Queen of Drama.” She yelped as the ship zapped her angrily. “Case in point!”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
BALTHIER
 Posted: Jun 26 2014, 06:22 PM
Strife/Goldfish
Leading Man
Group Icon

She blushed and pulled her hand away from the weapon. “Sorry, force of habit. I’m not quite used to traveling with another yet and was reacting on instinct.”

"Tis good that your instinct includes checking your target before firing. I cannot say that most military minded people can say the same."

She quirked her brow a bit at his second comment and shrugged. “You’d not have found any. All of my drinks come from the rations dispenser. Which doesn’t do alcoholic beverages since it’s just flavored liquid nutrients.”

Balthier frowned at her. "That does not sound like food...isn't there a galley on board? Make note to add a provisions check. We are not going to go about without proper food."

“She’s safe and sound in the third cargo bay. I can take you there immediately.”

The ship buzzed a threatening buzz and growled. However it soon became a hum after Sedna shot her a hard look. “I will take you to your ship.”

"Good." He raised an eyebrow at the exchanges between the ship and Sedna. This was getting trialsome.

“Well?” The ship was silent for several minutes and then hummed and Sedna quirked a brow again. “Well aren’t you so humble.” That earned her a hiss. “Alright alright! She said her name is Tempia Regina, The Queen of Time.” She rolled her eyes at the smug tone to the ship’s hum. “More like the Queen of Drama.” She yelped as the ship zapped her angrily. “Case in point!”

"I think that's enough of that, Tempia Regina, if you please." He shook his head, hands on his hips. "Very well, Sedna please take me to the cargo bay. There's lots of work to be done and I'm ravenous. I want a good meal but it won't sit until I've seen the ship." He walked towards a door, expecting her to catch up and direct him. "And I am not eating or drinking anything that's come from something called a rations dispenser."

This post has been edited by BALTHIER: Jun 26 2014, 06:23 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Jun 29 2014, 05:48 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Tis good that your instinct includes checking your target before firing. I cannot say that most military minded people can say the same."

Sedna shrugged and looked at him. “It wouldn’t do to shoot first and find the one you shot was a friend. Don’t go winning many favors if you shoot the allies you worked so hard to gain.” She turned back to the controls continuing her work. Then she answered a few of his comments.

"That does not sound like food...isn't there a galley on board? Make note to add a provisions check. We are not going to go about without proper food."

She turned back to her captain with a brow remaining quirked. “Sadly no there is no galley on board. We have the rations dispenser. For the record I can’t cook very well beyond survival training.” She returned to her work hoping culinary training was not in her future.

"Good."

Sedna glared at the ship some more daring her to act up again in front of the captain. He wasn’t the only one growing weary of her antics.

"I think that's enough of that, Tempia Regina, if you please."

She couldn’t agree more with her captain’s orders. She listened as the ship gave a complying hum to him and she nodded to him to show his orders were being carried out. She turned to listen to any more orders he had.

"Very well, Sedna please take me to the cargo bay. There's lots of work to be done and I'm ravenous. I want a good meal but it won't sit until I've seen the ship."

Sedna nodded and began to set the autopilot then shut off the viewscreen. She smiled and began to lead the way to the cargo bay. “Captain no offense but I’ve been flying this ship for almost a century now and I’ve not seen the entire ship.” She shrugged and laughed a bit. “However I can give you a tour of the bit’s that are important for the day.” She hoped the man agreed to that.

"And I am not eating or drinking anything that's come from something called a rations dispenser."

She sighed and nodded. “Well I’m sure I can find a place to land where we can find a meal but there is nothing on this ship to eat besides rations.” She couldn’t hide her own distaste in that from her voice. “Perhaps we should hit a ship for food or something.” Yes she was still new to this life indeed.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
BALTHIER
 Posted: Jun 30 2014, 11:53 PM
Strife/Goldfish
Leading Man
Group Icon

Sedna shrugged and looked at him. “It wouldn’t do to shoot first and find the one you shot was a friend. Don’t go winning many favors if you shoot the allies you worked so hard to gain.” She turned back to the controls continuing her work. Then she answered a few of his comments.

"And in that I think we find the main difference. The Empire I knew did not even consider it's allies its friends," he said mirthlessly.

She turned back to her captain with a brow remaining quirked. “Sadly no there is no galley on board. We have the rations dispenser. For the record I can’t cook very well beyond survival training.” She returned to her work hoping culinary training was not in her future.

Balthier put his hands on his hips. "I thought that you said this was a fully equipped ship! How can a Captain run a ship with a crew, namely myself, eating rations! Rations are last resort, the food you take because you must, not because you can. In a ship the size of this one, you could easily fit a galley. If -you- can't cook then we might need a ship cook...until then, we'll have to make do. You can't be worse than Penelo was, she couldn't even make soup."

Sedna nodded and began to set the autopilot then shut off the viewscreen. She smiled and began to lead the way to the cargo bay. “Captain no offense but I’ve been flying this ship for almost a century now and I’ve not seen the entire ship.” She shrugged and laughed a bit. “However I can give you a tour of the bit’s that are important for the day.” She hoped the man agreed to that.

"Perhaps then there is hope. There could be a galley here yet and you simply haven't found it," he quipped, following her along. "I would appreciate the most used portions - weapons, cargo, treasure that sort of thing." He then reiterated how he had no intention of eating rations unless he had to.

She sighed and nodded. “Well I’m sure I can find a place to land where we can find a meal but there is nothing on this ship to eat besides rations.” She couldn’t hide her own distaste in that from her voice. “Perhaps we should hit a ship for food or something.”

"Or, we can take stock of what is here and then make for a port of call. I assume there are such things, places to restock and fuel. And we can look for parts. Borrowing, stealing, buying and begging, in that order and hardly ever the last." He gave her a little smile as they walked along. He was curious to find out more about the ship he'd commandeered and the hauls it had on board. It would be hard to know if it were the haul of his lifetime otherwise. Still, his own ship had taken such a beating. As they came ever closer to the cargo hold, he was afraid of how bad the damage would be.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Jul 4 2014, 04:28 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"And in that I think we find the main difference. The Empire I knew did not even consider it's allies its friends," he said mirthlessly.

She blinked at her captain when she heard that. “Forgive me if this seems out of line captain but I never said I considered my allies my friends. Look at how easily I turned on the Drazils, how easy they turned on me. I merely meant that it’s hardly profitable to turn on them while they are still useful. However you are more than an ally.” She stopped talking on that subject for she’d made her point.

"I thought that you said this was a fully equipped ship! How can a Captain run a ship with a crew, namely myself, eating rations! Rations are last resort, the food you take because you must, not because you can. In a ship the size of this one, you could easily fit a galley. If -you- can't cook then we might need a ship cook...until then, we'll have to make do. You can't be worse than Penelo was, she couldn't even make soup."

Sedna quirked a brow at him then shrugged her shoulders. “It is a fully equipped ship. As for how we run her well for the record a galley does you no good if you cannot cook. For another what use is one if you can fly across the galaxy at the speed of time? If I ever got hungry I simply land on a planet and find food. Now to answer your concern I can add a galley easily from the console room.” She quirked a brow at him again and then shrugged once more. “I can cook meat on a spit, and yes I can make soup, but whether or not it tastes good is up to you.” She turned and continued on.

"Perhaps then there is hope. There could be a galley here yet and you simply haven't found it," he quipped, following her along. "I would appreciate the most used portions - weapons, cargo, treasure that sort of thing."

She sighed and knew she’d lost that war with him. “I will make you a galley as soon as we finish the tour. The weapons and cargo are right ahead. As far as treasure is concerned I do not have one yet, I do however have several rooms full of weapons and other artifacts I’ve acquired over my many years of travel. I think I even have a few robots in here somewhere.” She frowned and wondered if she could reprogram one to cook for them. “Follow me.”

"Or, we can take stock of what is here and then make for a port of call. I assume there are such things, places to restock and fuel. And we can look for parts. Borrowing, stealing, buying and begging, in that order and hardly ever the last."

Sedna nodded though she tensed at the begging bit. “Well captain you happen to be in luck because I have made quite a few friends in my travels, and by friends I mean people who owe me favors and life debts.” She smirked a bit at the last bit. “I can call in a few.” She then keyed in a code and opened the door to the cargo bay. Laying in the center of the room was the ship the man had arrived in. Surrounding the ship tools of varying size and design lay perfectly ordered and cleaned. “As promised your ship, I have not touched her.” She stepped to the side to allow the man to inspect his ship. She waited for him to acknowledge her knowing full well the connection between a ship and her captain, she’d give him the time he required.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
BALTHIER
 Posted: Jul 5 2014, 06:57 PM
Strife/Goldfish
Leading Man
Group Icon

“Forgive me if this seems out of line captain but I never said I considered my allies my friends. Look at how easily I turned on the Drazils, how easy they turned on me. I merely meant that it’s hardly profitable to turn on them while they are still useful. However you are more than an ally.”

"Indeed, I'm your Captain now." Perhaps someday they'd be colleagues. But for now they were what they were, which was tenuous and defined by a contract. It made him miss Fran all the more. Why hadn't he at least asked her...but he already knew the why. He'd made his choises and had to stick by his guns.

“I will make you a galley as soon as we finish the tour. The weapons and cargo are right ahead. As far as treasure is concerned I do not have one yet, I do however have several rooms full of weapons and other artifacts I’ve acquired over my many years of travel. I think I even have a few robots in here somewhere.” She frowned and wondered if she could reprogram one to cook for them. “Follow me.”

Satisfied with getting a galley in place, he followed her, nodding at her orientation to the cargo areas, The ship was labyrinthine. At first it seemed to possess a sensible layout but as they made their way the sheer number of rooms was quite mind-boggling

Sedna nodded though she tensed at the begging bit. “Well captain you happen to be in luck because I have made quite a few friends in my travels, and by friends I mean people who owe me favors and life debts.” She smirked a bit at the last bit. “I can call in a few.”

"Excellent news. Perhaps one of them knows how to cook and can be coerced to do so in our presence?" he teased. He stood back as she keyed in the lock on the door, eyes following the pattern with the instinct of a thief.

“As promised your ship, I have not touched her.” She stepped to the side to allow the man to inspect his ship. She waited for him to acknowledge her knowing full well the connection between a ship and her captain, she’d give him the time he required.

He sighed heavily, one hand flying to his face in an attempt to stifle his pained expression,hazel eyes wide in shock. "Indeed not. I wish you -had- and with a skilled mechanics's touch. Look at her..." The hand dropped to his side and he strode closer. He walked around every inch of the ship, pulling himself through the broken hatchway and inside, talking to himself as he went. He was consoling the ship and himself, making promises, as if it were like Sedna's and could hear him. When he returned to Sedna, his face was grave, his irreverant and charming demeanor displaced with rawness.

"We -have- to fix her. I cannot and will not stand to look at her like this." To know he flew her to her doom and left her a wreck - no. Without further explanation he walked out, trying to find his way to the library room again. He needed paper and a quill. He had a list to make, a very long one of necessary parts. Schematics to draw. His prior hunger was replaced with the need to set in motion plans to fix the Strahl.

This post has been edited by BALTHIER: Jul 5 2014, 06:57 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Jul 10 2014, 04:51 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Indeed, I'm your Captain now."

She nodded respectfully to him and continued her work. She knew that the best thing they had between them was a contract and a tiny ounce of trust, however that was a start and a good one at that. She sighed softly and kept working on making a map of the ship. Her hands moved swiftly and surely over the controls and soon she had a map downloaded onto a mobile pad. It showed her all the rooms she still needed to remove traps on. She then proceeded to lead the man to his ship.

The look on his face was familiar, the ship was quite confusing when first boarded and it didn’t help the ship liked to change its layout at times. “She’s an impressive ship, and don’t get used to this layout she likes to keep you on your toes. In other words she can change the layout of the rooms.” She shrugged and looked at the map once more before handing it over to Balthier. “This should help for now.”

"Excellent news. Perhaps one of them knows how to cook and can be coerced to do so in our presence?"

A soft chuckle escaped her lips and laughed. “I’m sure I could program us a robot to do so. Anything is safer than what I can do. That is unless you like field cooked animal a la burnt to a crisp.” She shrugged and blushed a bit. “I’m a weapons designer slash soldier cooking is not in the job description…or rather wasn’t.” She sighed and continued on she was still getting used to her new found freedom and it was beginning to show.

"Indeed not. I wish you -had- and with a skilled mechanics's touch. Look at her..."

She nodded and while he took a tour of the broken ship, a sight that pained her even though she wasn’t familiar with the ship. All she saw was a dying ship, and that was a sight no respectable pilot could stand. “I assure you I would have done so however I am neither familiar with her nor knowledgeable enough to even attempt fixing her without basic schematics. I’d rather not try and end up breaking her more.” She turned and began to take down tools that seemed to be from different eras and of different makes. She sorted each tool and with a satisfied nod turned from her work and waited for the man to speak his piece.

"We -have- to fix her. I cannot and will not stand to look at her like this."

She looked at the schematics and list. Then without another word returned to the sorted piles she’d been making and found some of the tools he’d need as well as the proper tools. Well some tools would have to be replaced with as similar a find as she could make for some she’d never even heard of. She then scanned the document uploading it to her personal pad. “Well some of these I’ve not heard of but judging by their function it shouldn’t be too hard to find a replacement. Now if you want her to fly the stars I’ll need to gut another ship, one reason being they should have the necessary replacements, another being the hull of the ship. I can have your ship flying in at least a month’s time factoring in the need to locate some of these parts.” She looked at him and her eyes were determined. “We will fix your ship Captain, I promise you that.” She smiled and then turned. “Now shall we set course?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
BALTHIER
 Posted: Jul 11 2014, 11:25 AM
Strife/Goldfish
Leading Man
Group Icon

The look on his face was familiar, the ship was quite confusing when first boarded and it didn’t help the ship liked to change its layout at times. “She’s an impressive ship, and don’t get used to this layout she likes to keep you on your toes. In other words she can change the layout of the rooms.” She shrugged and looked at the map once more before handing it over to Balthier. “This should help for now.”

"Learning to navigate the interior of one's ship," he murmured with a shrug, taking the map. "Thank you," he glanced it over, looking to see marks that represented where they were and what vicinity they were in as well as where they were heading.

A soft chuckle escaped her lips and laughed. “I’m sure I could program us a robot to do so. Anything is safer than what I can do. That is unless you like field cooked animal a la burnt to a crisp.” She shrugged and blushed a bit. “I’m a weapons designer slash soldier cooking is not in the job description…or rather wasn’t.” She sighed and continued on she was still getting used to her new found freedom and it was beginning to show.

"We'd best get used to it. Not the burned field food but the fact that our crew consists of us two and our ships. We'll have to make due for now. You might have noticed I have standards however, I won't make due with poor quality."

“I assure you I would have done so however I am neither familiar with her nor knowledgeable enough to even attempt fixing her without basic schematics. I’d rather not try and end up breaking her more.” She turned and began to take down tools that seemed to be from different eras and of different makes. She sorted each tool and with a satisfied nod turned from her work and waited for the man to speak his piece.

Balthier didn't answer. He just made a pained half-groan as he assessed the Strahl. The poor ship was in bad shape, much worse than he'd even imagined. His own injuries had healed thanks to his last-moment drinking of potions and whatever Sedna had done to heal him in the end. Thoughtfully, he brought up his hand to look at where the weapon had blasted a hole through it and found that it was in perfect working condition now. He had two working hands and a working mind, he'd have to put those to use and fix his ship.

She looked at the schematics and list. Then without another word returned to the sorted piles she’d been making and found some of the tools he’d need as well as the proper tools. Well some tools would have to be replaced with as similar a find as she could make for some she’d never even heard of. She then scanned the document uploading it to her personal pad.

“Well some of these I’ve not heard of but judging by their function it shouldn’t be too hard to find a replacement. Now if you want her to fly the stars I’ll need to gut another ship, one reason being they should have the necessary replacements, another being the hull of the ship. I can have your ship flying in at least a month’s time factoring in the need to locate some of these parts.” She looked at him and her eyes were determined. “We will fix your ship Captain, I promise you that.” She smiled and then turned. “Now shall we set course?”

He started to feel more reassured as she spoke that his ship was not beyond hope. He listened to her list out the steps to fix it and what they needed to complete his order and gave a slow nod. "Yes. We should keep ourselves alert for the parts we need. I will need you to provide me with a list of the conversion items, as I do not know what type of power source we might need to use. It seems that the ones I am used to are not the primary sources of power here in this universe. Set our course to Midnight, we're going to need money and trade items. I know your ship's cargo might have them but I don't think I have the patience to wait until we catalouge everything!"

This post has been edited by BALTHIER: Jul 11 2014, 11:26 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
SEDNA
 Posted: Jul 13 2014, 07:28 PM
N/A
Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Learning to navigate the interior of one's ship," he murmured with a shrug, taking the map. "Thank you," he glanced it over, looking to see marks that represented where they were and what vicinity they were in as well as where they were heading.

Sedna shrugged and nodded. “You’re welcome captain. I’d hate to have to come looking for you.” She sighed and looked at him. “Really I don’t want you to get lost there are things in this ship even I don’t know about.” She continued forward as if she hadn’t just revealed something potentially deadly to him. This was a day to day fact to her after all.

"We'd best get used to it. Not the burned field food but the fact that our crew consists of us two and our ships. We'll have to make due for now. You might have noticed I have standards however, I won't make due with poor quality."

She sighed and nodded to him. There was nothing more to be said. Making a mental note to find a cookbook in the ship’s systems she began to plan a way to teach herself how to cook. She looked around and then opened the door when she found the right one. She mentally rolled her eyes at the fact the ship had moved the door but said nothing about it.

"Yes. We should keep ourselves alert for the parts we need. I will need you to provide me with a list of the conversion items, as I do not know what type of power source we might need to use. It seems that the ones I am used to are not the primary sources of power here in this universe. Set our course to Midnight, we're going to need money and trade items. I know your ship's cargo might have them but I don't think I have the patience to wait until we catalouge everything!"

Sedna nodded her head and smiled. “Right away captain.” She tried not to grow annoyed with his need to know everything in the ship. She doubted even the ship herself knew the answer to that question. Yet she said nothing to him about it. She’d simply have to wait it out hoping eventually the man would realize that there was no way for her to carry that request out. With that hope in mind she made her way to the console room and began to inlay the coordinates to Midnight.

The ship turned towards the planet and began to make her way towards the planet of diamonds. “Gold and diamonds, diamonds and gold, my life seems to be interwoven with these precious minerals humans of old were so obsessed with huh Regina.” She looked at the console chuckling. “Born on a planet of gold now heading for a planet of diamonds on my first voyage as a pirate. Yet I can’t shake the feeling that something is coming, something more.” She shook her head and shrugged. “Meh it’s probably nothing.” She gave her head a violent shake of the head. “Focus.”

The ship hummed concerned to her and she patted the console. “It’s alright old girl, we’ve got nothing to fear. Besides we can’t start getting cold feet now.” The ship hummed again. “I know you don’t have feet.” She rolled her eyes at the ship’s snide hiss. “Oh hush you or I’ll burn the lab again.” The ship went silent then growled. “Don’t you…oh forget it.” She laughed and kept flying.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » New ReplyNew TopicNew Poll