New ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Regarding the New [M] and [TW] tags
FACT CORE
 Posted: Jul 29 2014, 07:37 AM
Ivy
Fact: Space Does Not Exist
Group Icon

QUOTE (FLOATING NPC @ Jul 1 2014, 07:31 PM)
Oooooh...membery-votey-things...shinyyy...
So which things count as TW things, for instance (the usual, like rape/suicide/anorexia; or phobias as well?).  And how much is enough to warrant a tag - if the Rani kicks a puppy, does the whole thread get a [TW: animal abuse] tag?  If Turlough gets into a fight and the details manage to be skimmed over, are we able to have any injuries result if we use the [M]?  I reckon there'll need to be a section of the Rules more clearly outlining that sort of stuff, whichever option we choose.

I know I addressed these with you personally, but I wanted to address them with the board as well.

So which things count as TW things, for instance (the usual, like rape/suicide/anorexia; or phobias as well?).

In general, you are expected to tag anything that is known to be a triggering topic: self harm/suicide/abuse/dub and noncon situations. If you want to tag potential phobias, you can out of respect for your fellow members, but we don't see a need to mandate such.

And how much is enough to warrant a tag - if the Rani kicks a puppy, does the whole thread get a [TW: animal abuse] tag?

To an extent, this lies with your judgement. From a moderating perspective though, the real question is 'Do I know this will offend or trigger others?' We are mostly concerned with the clear cut 'you are roleplaying a situation that is abusive', not a side mention that is only one sentence in an entire thread. In general, if you feel there is a chance a thread should be tagged, do so. No one should be upset that you are overly conscientious.

If Turlough gets into a fight and the details manage to be skimmed over, are we able to have any injuries result if we use the [M]?

If you skim the details of the fight, then you are keeping within 2-1-1 anyway, so no mature tag is needed. Injuries are always acceptable. The ToS simply ask that we are not explicit.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options New ReplyFast ReplyNew TopicNew Poll